Researching in NC

jthubbard67

Rookie Expediter
As the title says..I'm looking at expediting and I'm in NC. A little background first.

I have a CDL - A that I got 2 years ago. I drove a 53' as a company driver for a couple months and had to stop due to family issues. I have been working as a freight agent but interested in getting back on the road.

I'm interested expediting but not sure if I'm in a good location. I understand there isn't the consistency in expediting given the nature of this side of the business, but I would like some feedback from the experienced folks on here about the volume of expedited business into and out of the area in and around Charlotte NC.

Thanks and stay safe!!

drifter

Expert Expediter
Does not matter where you live.i live in eastern nc and do fine

Sent from my SPH-L720T using EO Forums mobile app

rymilburn

Active Expediter
I live out west, and have done better than a few of east coast guys. I think it's just your work ethic, determination, and passion for this industry that determines your success... And a bit of luck.

-Ryan

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Allstate Express out of Kernersville NC is decent for new drivers. Would not recommend them for new owners right now....but they move some freight.

As others have stated, it matters little where you live, but if your looking for quick hook-up, in your area....I'd give them a try.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Allstate Express out of Kernersville NC is decent for new drivers. Would not recommend them for new owners right now....but they move some freight.

As others have stated, it matters little where you live, but if your looking for quick hook-up, in your area....I'd give them a try.

I always had good luck getting loads out of Charlotte.