Requesting knowledge

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I've been in expedite for about four years now, so not an expert by any means......but I'm trying to figure out if it's time to jump ship with the company I'm contracted with. I understand the market has been slow the past few months, but I'm getting tired of making 200-600 mile deadheads before I can get anything out.

So my question is, is it just me being impatient, and the market has really gotten this bad? Or could it be something the company I'm contracted with is or isn't doing? They have the ability to send me anywhere east of the Mississippi with whatever rate they can get...

Thanks ahead for y'alls knowledge!
Just by reading here, it sounds like your company does a lot of bidding off the boards. That maybe the reason for the excessive DH in my opinion! Hey, July 20 and 21st is the expo show in Lexington KY. Great time to check it out!

Reactions: TFTN-one3B

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a friend with Bolt and they have been running his wheels off. Sometimes the rate is too low and he just says no. Later they will call with a better rate. I have never run for them so don’t know much. But he is happy and getting a ton of miles. Just a thought for what it’s worth. So often it’s just being in the right place at the right time. Best wishes. 4 Year’s and still out here is a great accomplishment. Congrats.

Reactions: dalscott