Remote Qualcom

twodogsdaddy

Expert Expediter
I have read that there is a remote for the truck qualcom so if you're away you can still get the message. Does anyone know if you can buy one? If so how much and where? Thanks in advance. PS This is the best site for Expediters and the Expo was great! Thank You EO and all contributors.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
twodogsdaddy,yes there is a remote pager available for the qaulcom.we have one in our D unit and it works pretty good.the range is limited on these remotes,but the pager itself will emit a sound when you are out of range with the main unit.we got ours at PJ's in canton,ohio for about $100.00 there will probably be an additional fee for the installation. DD. P.S., i should mention that you will not get the message on the pager,just an alert that there is a message on the qualcom.

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Rule of thumb with this type of pager, stay in view of truck and the pager will probably work. If you go behind buildings or more than a 1/4 mile away, it will not be worth your time. Why not just rely on cell phone? Just a thought.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you get an "Auto Page" unit the range is 1/2 to 1 mile.They are sold and installed by auto stereo shops.About $180 plus instalation.I installed my own.For a list of dealers call 310.616.2002.Previous we had the regular Qualcom unit installed by PJ`s in Canton Oh.You couldnt even go inside the truckstop to eat.

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
I agree with Glen, we just tell them to call us. If the load offer is to confusing or whatever we tell them on the phone to send it out on the c-link.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Auto Page is the way to go.I have had one from the git/go, has about a 1 mile radius under normal terrain.