Refrigerator

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I killed the fridge, with an icepick [not on purpose, so it's just manslaughter] and I want to replace it with a larger model, swapping the passenger seat for it.
Any recommendations? Preferably with separate freezer....
Any models to avoid? :confused:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Leeeeeooooo :rolleyes:
Are you with Load 1 too? Or just posting here cause rank has it's privileges? ;)
I've narrowed it down to 3 models, all with separate freezers, will probably get whichever one someone actually has in stock. The one I want is made in Ohio [Findlay], but they don't sell to the public, and they have no idea where I can find one. Crazy.....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Leeeeeooooo :rolleyes:
Are you with Load 1 too? Or just posting here cause rank has it's privileges? ;)
I've narrowed it down to 3 models, all with separate freezers, will probably get whichever one someone actually has in stock. The one I want is made in Ohio [Findlay], but they don't sell to the public, and they have no idea where I can find one. Crazy.....

Try Amazon.com ...I can usually find anything there..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks, Juju. The problem with finding it online is they want to ship it to the store, but I don't want to wait a week for it. I found the one I want, but I was in my daughter's rollerskate car [some dispatcher told me to DH to Cleveland, lol] so I'm going to grab it first thing in the morning & BentzBolt is going to install it.
It has a separate freezer - I won't have to throw out the half loaf of bread I never eat before it turns blue, lol. :)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ooops, sorry, just saw the thread title and didn't look what forum it was in. I did spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express if that helps any. :rolleyes:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Click new posts, read titles, respond to interesting ones and/or to friend's ones. Who worries what forum they're in? Luckily I have 4 units so I'm good in 3 different places. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Click new posts, read titles, respond to interesting ones and/or to friend's ones. Who worries what forum they're in? Luckily I have 4 units so I'm good in 3 different places. :D

and some call me a pot stirrer...LOL;)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Thanks, Juju. The problem with finding it online is they want to ship it to the store, but I don't want to wait a week for it. I found the one I want, but I was in my daughter's rollerskate car [some dispatcher told me to DH to Cleveland, lol] so I'm going to grab it first thing in the morning & BentzBolt is going to install it.
It has a separate freezer - I won't have to throw out the half loaf of bread I never eat before it turns blue, lol. :)

Actually compact appliance will ship to your home or wherever you want..but if you found out where to pick your choice up that's good. Know what you mean about the half a loaf of bread too...*lol*

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
and some call me a pot stirrer...LOL;)

Running up John's phone bill again??:D

Actually compact appliance will ship to your home or wherever you want..but if you found out where to pick your choice up that's good. Know what you mean about the half a loaf of bread too...*lol*

When I was in grade school, a science project required me to grow mold on bread. Didn't happen no matter what I did. Now, I can do it without even trying to.:mad:

Morale of the story? They don't make bread like they used to. I know it wasn't anything I did wrong, the bread wouldn't cooperate.:D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Steve, were you using pumpernickel bread? Cause I don't think that ever goes bad....
I LOVE the fridge, and feel sorry for all those poor teams who have to keep the passenger seat for a codriver. :D It's an 'apt size', with a real freezer, and lots of space, and it's metal - I can stick stuff to it with magnets, lol. The guys at Bentz/Bolt did a great job, as usual. :)
Now I'm ready to get back to work!

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Steve, were you using pumpernickel bread? Cause I don't think that ever goes bad....
I LOVE the fridge, and feel sorry for all those poor teams who have to keep the passenger seat for a codriver. :D It's an 'apt size', with a real freezer, and lots of space, and it's metal - I can stick stuff to it with magnets, lol. The guys at Bentz/Bolt did a great job, as usual. :)
Now I'm ready to get back to work!

Nope, regular old white bread. Maybe it was industrial strength yeast!!

How about some pics of the fridge?????

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I LOVE the fridge - wish I'd thought of it years ago! Don't have to resupply perishables every 3-4 days, or buy the smallest sizes of everything, [which just generates more trash at a higher price], can make ice cubes [first lesson: not when moving!], and have more than one flavor of salad dressing & jam at a time. :D
It's going to be even better when the weather gets cold, and I can cook stuff I have missed because I don't know how to make a 'little bit': chicken & dumplings, vegetable soup, stuffed cabbage & peppers - I'm looking forward to winter [almost, lol].
It's a very cost effective trade for a useless passenger seat, IMO.
Which is currently in the box the fridge came out of - perfect storage solution till it's needed again.:)

Attachments

• fridge in truck 001.jpg
    fridge in truck 001.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 55

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Holy crap!!! You weren't kidding about a freezer. That's huge!! Good safety tip about the ice making.:D

It looks like you can see out the window ok, but I never liked anything that blocked any part of the window. It's the only thing I don't like about Chef's van too. Just personal taste.

I was thinking of building a cabinet to replace the passenger seat with drawers and a section for dirty laundry. Got lots of ideas. No money, but lots of ideas. If I ever get it built, I'll post pics.

Neat setup though. Don did a good job.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Obscuring the window was my first concern, [it doesn't], and the power draw was the second - I couldn't get a close enough look at it in the box [stuck up on the highest shelf of the store] to determine the amps.
I still don't know how many it draws, but the voltmeter shows almost no difference from the small dorm size fridge. :)
PS Don just supervised, lol, Jamie did all the real work.

Attachments

• fridge in truck 002.jpg
    fridge in truck 002.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 51

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Looks good, but even blocking that part of the window would bother me. Like I said earlier, just personal preference.

Jaime did most of the work when I was there as well, although Don did stick his hands in to do a test on the inverter.