Recession Proof

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
During these difficult economic times many folks are considering new career paths.

The news media is buzzing with reports on which jobs are in demand and will remain so in the years to come.

Many of you know that I am a former member of the medical community and that is one area of employment that has been in the spotlight as of late.

During the down time I began to consider how it might be possible to have the best of both worlds. I enjoy driving and I enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that, in some small manner, I am providing comfort to those who are in need.

I have great peace in delivering to hospitals, long-term care facilities and group homes. I often get a moment to speak with a patient or a resident. Moreover, the staff in these facilities are always polite, pleasant and courteous. Of course, delivering to clean, paved loading docks in a real plus too; no more wading through mud. LOL

The carrier has responded in kind as they have offered me as much work as I am capable of handling. Due to security aspects, they conduct on-site inspections to assure the safe handling of Schedule II narcotics and/or legal documents. During my surprise inspection the interviewer said, "You have met and exceeded all of our expectations; I wish we had a hundred contractors like you." It is always nice to know where you stand.

Basically, I run Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to approximately 5:00 pm. On Saturday and Sunday I am "On Call" from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm and i receive a "stipend" in addition to any offers that I run.

Being home everyday has been a real blessing. I salute all of those who are making the adjustment to life on the road. From experience I know how difficult it can be and if necessary, I would go OTR again.

I give all the glory to God. It was a miracle that this opportunity became available. Just when I got to the point where I was about to take a non-driving position, I made one more contact. Thank God I tried one-more-time.

Again, thank you to all who have sent such kind letters and emails. A special thanks to the brethren who have placed Aletha and I on their prayer lists.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
The carrier has responded in kind as they have offered me as much work as I am capable of handling. Due to security aspects, they conduct on-site inspections to assure the safe handling of Schedule II narcotics and/or legal documents. During my surprise inspection the interviewer said, "You have met and exceeded all of our expectations; I wish we had a hundred contractors like you." It is always nice to know where you stand.

Watch out they will want to clone you.