Re-Introduction...

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
Hi Ya'll

I am a 6 expeditor veteran and used this site extensively to learn about expediting via the Newbie forum. It was extremely helpful (and somewhat confusing due to all the variables..). I now after some experience understand why all the variables and the difficulty involved in explaining to a newbie the intricacies of this business....

I started in 2004 driving a sprinter for my brother then moved on to a e250 van driving for a very inexperienced owner and 6 months later (and 2500.00 short of earned pay...) moved on to a straight truck driving for very experienced and very nice folks with multiple trucks and finally started making a living at this business.

I soon took on a partner(Broom Pilot) and worked with him for a year before buying him out and running for the last 3 years as an owner operator for a small firm based in Painesville, OH. The vehicle was kenworth T-300 and it served me well but at 970K was starting to get expensive to keep on the road. It was time to move on to a new vehicle.

I decided that a Sprinter was the way to go for me. I have no dependents, No fixed housing and very little debt. The road has been my home for the last 6 years and I love it...Sitting and all!! There is always something to do and see but it was difficult to move around in the straight truck and I tried keeping a motorcycle in the box and even went so far as to tow a car for almost a year and a half( great set up but killed the car in the long run). Given that lifestyle the sprinter seemed the best comprimise for load capacity, moving around flexibilty, fuel efficiancy and road living ammenities.

So here I sit in a brand new 2010 mercedez benz Sprinter with a very primitive setup. No insulation, a massage table for a bed and a card table and two chairs. A battery booster provides power for my computers (and starts the sprinter if i kill that chassis battery..has'nt happened yet) and find myself searching expeditors online for upfit ideas.

The little window at the top keeps yelling at me for not having posted for so long so I thot I'd reintroduce myself to the communtiy and keep you all updated on the sprinter conversion as it goes along.

Turtle, If you read this I must say your posts are excellent!! They are exremely informative, well thought out and well written. I hope to get to know you better as the conversion unfolds. There are many other poster who have seeded creative thinking on my part and I hope to exchange ideas with all of you as time passes.

I will post again soon but today was just to say Hi! The next post will concentrate mainly on insulation as that is the first step in the upfit, The floor being the first step in that category.

Once again Looking forward to interacting with the forum in the coming months.

F. Reid Day (Real name)
Hightech hobo(screen name) (Thot I was a techy geek when i got in the business but many of you have put me to shame in that department....LOL)

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
np by the time you get that sprinter set up you will need to buy it's replacement i've got a late model 07 sprinter and after 3 years i am still working on how i want it setup. meaning i see to man

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
np by the time you get that sprinter set up you will need to buy it's replacement i've got a late model 07 sprinter and after 3 years i am still working on how i want it setup. meaning i see to many great ideas in cv's and sprinters!