RE-GEN problem

dkibat

Rookie Expediter
Is there any way Diesel fuel can get in the DEF system besides being dumped into the DEF holding tank?????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
I don't have a DEF system on my truck, but I have a DPF. The term RE-Gen, or regeneration, is usually associated with DPF. What exactly are you having trouble with? I may be off base here, just trying to help.

dkibat

Rookie Expediter
I don't have a DEF system on my truck, but I have a DPF. The term RE-Gen, or regeneration, is usually associated with DPF. What exactly are you having trouble with? I may be off base here, just trying to help.

Same thing we are using i just used the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF). The problem one of our trucks is we lease them from Penske and they say some one put diesel fuel in the DEF tank, so they want to charge us for all the repair. They do all out fueling and maintenance and the pump nozzle won't even fit in the DEF tank. Was just wondering if some way diesel fuel could have got into the DPF system?

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
I was at freightliner dealership today and saw a memo about diesel fuel in DEF system. It said the only way it could happen is if someone accidently pumped fuel into DEF tank. And, the same for DEF in fuel tank, someone would have to pump it in. Hope that helps.
BTW, the memo went on to say that the truck will not run right in either case and can cause serious problems. You should've seen some warning lights on instrument panel and or truck should've been running pretty rough.

Last edited:

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
If u got a Sprinter..emmmmm Get tank drained and cleaned.There a heater inside to prevent freezing after 32 degrees.That Cat well cost you what ever they feel they can get out of you.$2800 plus.Re Gen is the 400 degrees it heats up to to burn off the ash from the oil deposits.Only used Mobil 1 ESP Form M.... low ash motor oil.It should save the Cat.