Ram Promaster Heat

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a 2018 Ram Promaster 2500.

Recently, my wife showed me some bottles of meds she had placed on the upper dash glove box on the passenger side, the heat had melted and warped the bottles. I initially thought it was heat in a closed area that amplified how hot it got in there, but since that time I’ve paid closer attention to the heat, and I realized it’s an insane amount of heat.

I don’t know how hot it gets, but last night it was 2 degrees, and I had the thermostat at 33% on the heat side, and it kept the van warm all night.

Anyone else getting crazy heat from their Promaster? I fear if I’d continue to use it at 100% it would melt the dash.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't have a reason for excess heat in that area . Maybe a heat directal tube is unattached...?
But , I do know excess Idling of your Promaster engine will shorten your Lifters lifespan plus put excess wear on your 2-fan coolant system installed just in front of your engine (it kicks on and off constantly while engine is Idling ). Please find alternative Heating and AC sources to save $$$$$ repairs down the road..

Whatever...

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
....and replace the meds if you can. Some of them are heat sensitive, and if you melted the bottles, you certainly could have changed the composition of those meds. Consult with your doctor and/or pharmacist.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan