Race Car Hauler Conversion

twodogsdaddy

Expert Expediter
A friend of mine told me about a guy selling a race car hauler. #4 feet renegade conversion. 12 feet living quarters and 22 feet garage. Would it be feasible to convert it over for expediting?

twodogsdaddy

Expert Expediter
OOps that was supposed to be a 34 foot conversion with 12 feet for living quarters and 22 feet for the car hauler...garage>

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Sounds good to me! The one question will be is the freight area completely separated from the sleeper? Thats the law..Haz-mat..and most carriers that I know of are very strict on this.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Our Kw is a former race car hauler. Have to make sure you know what you are buying, and it can be converted for expedite use.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
What is the empty weight and how are the axles set up?Does it have a durable floor and what would the GVW be?

twodogsdaddy

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the replies...One of the haulers had a "garage" enclosed with the sleeper problem is I'm sure that it isn't dock high and wasn't sure if it was feasible to remove the garage section and or adjust the frame to put a dock high box on it. or wondering if one that is set up for a fifth wheel and remove that and add a box would be the way to go although at present I have no measurements to determine the lenght of the frame from the sleeper to the end of the frame. Maybe it would have to be stretched. I've seen so far class eight trucks so I believe everything should be ok weight wise but will make sure to check that all out.