Quotes from the 50's

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is ridiculous."

"Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter?"

"The Government is wanting to get its hands on everything. Pretty soon it's going to be impossible to run a family business or farm."

"Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their hair as long as the girls."

"Pretty soon you won't be able to buy a good 10 cent cigar."

"I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the of the century. They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas."

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
However let us not forget the salaries that were earned in the 50!s. I don!t qualify but I rember my Father and some of my Uncles talking about ,when Frank Gifford was the number one draft choice of the NY Giants football team. My Uncle Tom said"Can you believe they gave that guy a $7,000 signing bonus and they are going to pay him $21,000 for the season". It!s all relative.