questions

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello I have been in the local trucking business for 5yrs I have 2 semi daycabs but things are changing and i want to get out. I would like to buy a class 8 straight truck and attempt to make a living expediting. I would like to know what a solo straight truck driver can earn doing this. I understand solo's get less work for obvious reasons Ive been told to expect A gross of 9 to 11 K a month. Is this accurate? if not what is and how much does the carrier take out for tags qc or anything else they take. also how many miles for that month? im tryng to calculate monthly fuel cost and expenses to see how much is left at the end of the month for truck payment ins fuel and others. please be as honest as you can and dont try to paint a pretty pictue if its not there. tanks for your input
BILLY

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Billy;

I saw a similar thread you posted in another forum. If you feel your questions were not adequately answered in that other forum (The General Expediter, or the Newbie forum), please pm me and I will get additional info to you.
Thanks,