questions! questions!

Gene Forshey

Active Expediter
once a load is picked up and delivered about how long before you start receiving a paycheck? Looking at driving for a fleet owner 60/40 split in a straight truck! He has a fuel card so i know im good there until money starts coming in!! But a man has to survive until then!!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It varies by carrier and you would be paid by the fleet owner, he is the one you need to ask. It should have be spelled out in the contract between you and him. You did need to read and sign one before driving anyone's truck or its time to look for the next fleet owner.

Reactions: Gene Forshey

Gene Forshey

Active Expediter
actually meeting with them on thursday!!! So this all new to me!!! Have been running local for 21 years! Just all the thoughts that go through your head!!!

Gene Forshey

Active Expediter
Yea thats my way of thinking to Ragman!!! Not gonna have a whole lot of cash out the gate! So gotta try to plan ahead!

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
read through the site and find every problem that a driver had with a carrier or fleet owner. Jot those down on a note pad. When you are looking at the contract look for the answers to the problems you jotted down on your notepad. See how the contract handles those situations. Those that aren't covered, you should ask about and maybe have documented in the contract if it is important enough to you. Remember when you are looking at your contract later on to solve a problem, they will have your money, they wrote the contract, and they have an attorney. So solve possible issues in advance. Not everything in a contract will go your way, but having holes in the contract is worse. as an example truck breaks down in laredo, what happens with hotels, per diem, transportation home,etc. You get the idea.

Reactions: Gene Forshey