Questions? Concerns?

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Can we get some action in the Ask The Recruiter Forum, PLEASE? We'd love to help. Come on
drivers, don't be shy.

Hope you are are being safe out there.

zack83

Active Expediter
I want to get in with a company that drives straight trucks. I have a class a cdl and am experienced with both straight truck and 18 Wheelers. I am looking to get with a company that can keep me busy but also has great home time.
Sent from my ADR8995 using EO Forums

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
what,s the lattest on sprinter van loads? Percentage wise for over 1000 pounds and longer then eight and a half foot.

Thanks

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Zorry, I have a wife and want to keep it that way.

Sent from my ADR8995 using EO Forums

If your wife is not supportive and you want to stay married then you need to find a new industry. The vast majority of expedite freight is "Oh no" freight not something that is planned.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Keeping the wife happy is good. Mine quit high school and came on the road with me.

Last edited:

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's why I am wondering how many van loads require more then eight and a half feet of floor space. The weight needs to allow for tipout's, tubs or Jacuzzis, he he. Just from lurking on here it seam's shippers are building more loads to sprinter size and weight with out permit sleeper space installed. Maby someone that see's alot of different loads might have a number or maby a good guess.

Thank's

ACEofSpades

Seasoned Expediter
Zack83, running OTR is not a good idea if your wife is against it. Find a local company and deal with that. It's better to deal with that instead is dealing with a divorce. Here's an idea, get in with a company that has a passenger program and take her with you. Not necessarily a solution to every situation, but it's an idea.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's why I am wondering how many van loads require more then eight and a half feet of floor space. The weight needs to allow for tipout's, tubs or Jacuzzis, he he. Just from lurking on here it seam's shippers are building more loads to sprinter size and weight with out permit sleeper space installed. Maby someone that see's alot of different loads might have a number or maby a good guess.

Thank's

No real answer to your question...Bill....too many variables.....I've been called out to many 3 skid loads and found that I was able to stack them...or the 3rd skid was just not ready and they ship only 2.....or find out they are only 2x2 skids...lol....while having the room for 3 skids is a nice perk in its own way..i think the need is overstated at times....

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
I'm fortunate in that my wife is my teammate and co-driver. We've been home once in last three months. Not complaining, just saying. We both love this way of life.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No real answer to your question...Bill....too many variables.....I've been called out to many 3 skid loads and found that I was able to stack them...or the 3rd skid was just not ready and they ship only 2.....or find out they are only 2x2 skids...lol....while having the room for 3 skids is a nice perk in its own way..i think the need is overstated at times....

So, I love how one question leads to another. I am still trying to find the most workable layout for my wife and I in a 170ext. Is your setup normally 3, 48 by 40 skid capable, with out stacking? We are getting closer to pulling the trigger on this thing.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, I love how one question leads to another. I am still trying to find the most workable layout for my wife and I in a 170ext. Is your setup normally 3, 48 by 40 skid capable, with out stacking? We are getting closer to pulling the trigger on this thing.

Yes, a folding bed...no bulkhead...check out the Pragma beds...

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Mr Van Man, would like to here from someone that is limited to 2 full size skids in there sprinter. Guess the recruiters get a phone call.