question about license

lighting

Expert Expediter
hello i have drove expediting before as owner operator . i solded my truck an came off rd for family reasons. been working local jobs low pay ready to come back on rd. tried to apply for tractor tralier job with 4 compaines. i have a speeding ticket on license 61 in a 45. no company will accept me because of excessive speeding.is there any expedite co. that will take owner with this on my record thanks.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
You should have done everything that you possibly could,in order to have this ticket reduced. A speeding ticket in excess of 15 mph over the posted speed limit is considered a major violation.

It is highly doubtful that there will be many companies or owners that will be willing to offer you employment. The time to take action was when you got the violation,a lawyer could have gotten this reduced to something minor and then you would not have the problems that you are facing now.

lighting

Expert Expediter
yea i know cop told me to go to court and i could go to driving school keep off record but the day of court i had to be in funeral of a good friend. they would not give me another court date so i paid the fine

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I don't want to come across as sounding cruel,but life is all about making choices and on the funeral vs. court date, I really think you made the wrong choice.

lighting

Expert Expediter
everybody has there right to make there own decision. whats important to some is not to others. to me freinds and family are more important then a speeding ticket.i would do same thing again. ticket will clear in 8 months lost freinds are gone forever

moose

Veteran Expediter
everybody has there right to make there own decision. whats important to some is not to others. to me freinds and family are more important then a speeding ticket.i would do same thing again. ticket will clear in 8 months lost freinds are gone forever

i would have done the same .
and no , im not excepting new friends at moment ...

what 4 Co. did you talk with ?

Moose.

moose

Veteran Expediter
marten,crete,bigg,heartland

where do you live ?
how recent is you TT driving record ?

light..., U R looking at the wrong places ,
3 of those Co. are Dept free and self insured , there for the hiring standard are higher .
keep calling ! ,
many carriers are hiring now.
drive for them first , then buy a truck...
good luck.

Moose.

lighting

Expert Expediter
live in east tn, been approved for southeast regional run ,suppose to start 1st of year wait to see what happens thanks for your reply

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
What makes it bad is that he was 16 mph over the posted limit,making it a serious violation. If you get 2 serious violations in less than 3 years,your CDL is suspended for 60 days.

Most companies probably wouldn't want to take a chance with a new employee that was one ticket away from being disqualified for 2 months. That is why he should have tried to get it reduced no matter what it took.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
yea i know cop told me to go to court and i could go to driving school keep off record but the day of court i had to be in funeral of a good friend. they would not give me another court date so i paid the fine
The cop was wrong . CDL holders are not allowed to have charges removed through driving school . http://www.landlinemag.com/Archives/2004/Oct04/bottom_line/road_law.htm
You should always contact an attorney as soon as you get a ticket . I had a ticket similar to yours . I thought I was out of a construction zone because there were no signs of any work being done but I was wrong . I was given a "must appear" ticket . I contacted an attorney and the charge was reduced to faulty equipment before the scheduled court date . This info won't help you now but remember it in the future .

miker

Seasoned Expediter
My nephew used to work for Time warner cable and could not have anything on his dl record or he would loose his job, over several years of him being young and not very responsible, he got a few tickets, he has a lawyer that got every single one of them reduced for him. You know that you have put some money in the attorneys pocket when he sends you a Christmas card every year