Question about laptop

angelryder

Expert Expediter
Where can I get what I need to hook up my laptop to my cell phone or can you do it.I got free nights & weekends so cost want be a problem.Thanks in advance.

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
Angel,
I HAVE A SPRINT CELL PHONE SO I PURCHASED A USB CABLE ON EBAY FOR $65. I CAN CONNECT ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, WITH UNLIMITED INTERNET. I PAY $90 FOR 2000 ANYTIME MINS, UNLIMITED NIGHT AND WEEKEND, AND UNLIMITED INTERNET. I KNOW THEY SELL THOSE CONNECTION CARDS FOR OUTRAGEOUS PRICES BUT IM NOT REALLY SURE HOW THOSE WORK. THE SETUP I HAVE IS JUST AS FAST AS CABLE. YOU WONT FIND THESE USB CABLES AT SPRINT AS THEY DISCONTINUED THEM(IT WAS TOO CHEAP FOR US TO GET ONLINE). BUT YOU WILL FIND THEM ON EBAY.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Angel,

I know Nokia had a setup for several of their cell phones. Are you with a carrier now?

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------

Everybody is someone else's weirdo.

-----------------------------------------

Barrelhunter

Expert Expediter
Remember satelite and cellular are burst transmitions. I've gone with hooking up in the truckstops using Earthlink 800 access. In the long run I think it's cheaper. It all depends on what you want out of the connection. For just checking e-mail either will do. For gaming and video satelite and cellular woun't work. Also large downloads will be interupted with satelite and cellular. I've also looked at the maps at the cellular companies. Last I looked I didn't like there coverage.

ClassicOne

Expert Expediter
here's the scoop! went with verizon after they sold me on their service at the gats in dallas. short version...they own their unit again as i spent more time trying to correct their billing than online, and their service wasn't that great. i now have a sprint pcs connection and love it so far. am in po-dunk idaho and have been on for 5 hours with no problems and their footprint is much better than verizon's footprint, unlimited usage for $100 a month, now i hope my billing is correct, if it is this is better than anything else. have been the land line route, cellphone and now the pc card..this is the best way to get online for any extended period of time.