Qualifying?

OnMyWay

Seasoned Expediter
I'm looking in to buying a straight truck or van to get into expediting. Most likely a straight truck. I'm 25 and have had my class b for about 3 years. A couple of weeks back I was in the process of getting qualified with FedExCC. My main concern was that I have a misdemeanor from 2004. That ended up not being the problem. My drivers license was suspended twice in 2004 for the same time period. Both suspensions started on 11/30/04, and both ended on 3/07/05. My license was suspended for a total of about 3 months. Both of the suspensions were for failure to pay a citation. The citations that I failed to pay were non-moving violations. FedExCC only allows one suspension in the 3 years prior. Their safety department wont bend on it. They told me in March I will be good to go with them. March however is 5 months away and I dont want to eat into my savings waiting. Are there any companies out there that are a little less stringent than FedEx? I have no moving violations, no accidents, nothing. I just want to get started asap.

abcwine

Expert Expediter
OnMyWay,
There's no need to fear....Don't be too concerned about the recent suspensions, there are plenty of other expediting companies that will take you on as an owner operator with a straight truck. What I would recommend is call a few of the companies listed on this site and find out which ones would accept the prior license suspensions. Of those companies, follow up with them and see which company appears to fit your needs the most. Word of advice, make sure that the company has your mvr, dac and criminal history to be absolutely sure that can will accept you after they have all the necessary documents.

Good Luck,

ABC

4U2JoinTheCat

Recruiter Moderator
OnMyWay, Based on the information in your post I believe we would be able to qualify you here at Panther. Of course the only way to be sure is to submit an app and lets see what the reports look like. Fell free to give me a call if there is still an interest on your part. Thanks, Jeff