Qualcomm questions

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Qualcomm questions?

We are interested in what others are paying for their Qualcomm per week and what the capabilities of their Qualcomm is i.e., positions of your truck and others, comdata loading, email capabilities, routing etc. In addition, if you or your company does not require/have the Qualcomm system, what procedures do you use with regards to routing and how does the company know where you are at?

Thanks

cncbill

Expert Expediter
I have only worked for 2 company's with QC. Fed ex cc charges 25 dollars a week, and you get load offers, pay advances, directions and can contact the dispatch and safty ect. I drove for CRST with QC and basicly the same stuff, though I didnt pay for it when i worked there. I hope the info helps....Bill

us_roadrunner

Expert Expediter
McBride,

Can't help you regarding the costs and capabilities of the qualcomm because I don't use the system where I'm at right now. As for how things are handled without it, we use the 4 call system. Call when arrived at pickup, after loaded, when arrived at delivery, and when unloaded with info accordingly. Also I call in every 3 or 4 hours to inform dispatch of my current location. I hope that helps you a bit.

Brian

a.k.a. us_roadrunner