Qual-com

tumbleweed

Expert Expediter
Where do they normally mount the Qual-com black box in a B unit? Also about how much room does it take up? Would a auxilary battery with a isolator be good to have for it? Is anyone using a Web-link pager,if so does it work well?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We have a fantastic battery auxiliary system for a B unit for sale. It is self-contained and has the deep-cycle battery as well. It can power your Q-comm, TV, Radio, Microwave etc.

Drop me an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
Lawrence
Expediters Online.com

hacpro

Expert Expediter
Lawrence

I was reading your post in response to the Qual-Comm post.
The auxiliary unit you was referring to sounds like it might be worth
investigating. I attemped to send you an e-mail at the address you
had posted but the e-mail came back twice as not deliverable.

Could you e-mail me with info on the unit i.e., where to buy,
capabilites, cost and so forth.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks-John

G

The newer Qual-Comm's don't have the black box any more, just the keyboard and the dome. Anyhow that's all we have. As to the battery issue, a second battery would really help on a "B" unit with only one battery. Years back we had a "B" and the Q-C really killed the battery. They used to draw 4½ amps on standby.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I have heard if you use one of those deep cycle marine batteries that does a great job. They aren't built like regular batteries, they are filled with some kind of gel. It is what they use with those "Sure powers". If I was to add a second battery to a "B" unit I think one of those would be what I would look for.