Punitive Lock

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Those of you who are new with the company need to be aware to regularly check your status when you are sitting between loads. Here is our story and it is not the first time it has happened to us:

We delivered an early morning load and decided to stay in the area. We noticed a TVAL lock on our unit and we don't ever have a problem with a TVAL lock since the area where we were located has a high volume of TVAL loads. However, we were offered a load picking up in Canada and we declined the load. For very personal reasons we could not take a load in/out of Canada this week so we simply declined the load with a comment of "not interested." Soon the load offer came again (TWICE) and we continued to decline it. Then more money was added and it was sent out again! We declined it and then ignored the continued load offer. Suddenly the TVAL lock was off and we had a CDC lock on our unit. When I called in to have it removed, I was told that, "Yes, you do have a CDC lock and I'll have that removed for you since you will not see ANY loads with that lock."

Immediately we received three load opportunities and we accepted one of them and began moving. We have found that a CDC lock keeps us from seeing any loads and (as in this case) it is sometimes used as a punishment by an agent. I know which agent did this and I will certainly report it if it happens again. I realize I could have called in and explained to the agent why we were not accepting the load but our reasons were personal and I didn't feel I should have to explain something like that.

Just be sure, if you experience this, that you get initials or names of who you talk to and what happens.

NTHEWIND

Seasoned Expediter
I have seen the time after we have turned down a couple of W/G loads they have taken the W/G lock OFF the truck. Man after a few S/E loads were offered, and I thought the W/G loads we turned down was bad!