Mechanical pto problems

stanza

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
howdy all,
I'm having a pto issue that I cant figure out. sometimes it works and sometimes it wont. the first time was when the beacon lights were put on. the pto went off and didn't come back on until we pulled a fuse and put it back. it was a random fuse and didn't make sense. the second time it just wouldn't work. pulled a different fuse and it came on. now it happened and the engine light came on and it wont come on. I'm dreading the dealer because he'll keep it for a week and well, you know the rest.
any ideas would help
thanks.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
What year is the truck? How is this truck configured? Is the pto wired into the ecu, or is it just wired to a dash switch? How do you raise engine rpm?

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
You've got a simple wiring issue, most likely. Also, depending on what fuses you pull, you can definitely set the check engine light.

Most rollbacks (I'm assuming it's a roll back) have PTO and beacon lighting attached directly to the batteries. I'd yank out both batteries and scrub every connection until it's spotless. Test the batteries and replace them if they're marginal. Battery connection issues cause myriad problems.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app