promaster odometer stopped counting miles

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The odometer stopped logging miles around 626,000 miles. Displayed 6 dashes in place of numbers. Sent it in to be repaired and they said there's nothing wrong with it it just won't calculate miles beyond that. Anyone have more than that showing on the odometer? He said I can set it for zero and give you a door sticker with previous mileage. I had him reset it to 2,000 thats whats on the new motor. He said a lot of manufactures odometers will only read to a certain number now. Like 500-700,000 gotta wonder why? Things that make you go hmmm. This was United Radio in Syracuse NY.

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

sarniko

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
So you did 624k miles on original motor? What about transmission, did you replaced it also?
Did you rebuild the old engine or buy new. How much cost it to?
What is your oil change interval.
would be useful information if you got time to give us
Thanks

Reactions: Solar

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The trans was rebuilt this summer. It’s on you tube actually. Look for 500,000 mile transmission. I just tore into the old motor to see what kind of ware it had. The bottom end is a million mile bottom I have no doubt about that. No ware on the rod or main bearings at all. Still has cross hatch on the cylinders. The pistons are clean no wrist pin play. There was some scoring on the bearings. Not much but the pan was full pieces from the chain tensioner. I’m sure some passed through the bearings. Would I change the chains and tensioner and keep going? No, and only because the amount of work involved and the cost of MOPAR parts. I found a motor for 850 bucks with 2050 miles on it. It’s about 6 hrs more to change it and have everything like new again. ive been changing the oil an average of 8,000. I only use valvoline full synthetic. However after seeing the inside I’m going to change that to 10-12,000 miles.
938B647C-B70B-4E50-B2B1-AC4853C3F278.jpegEE72D90D-58D2-44E4-89D8-209F0B0D8466.jpeg82DC115B-364C-4B80-8A4A-96596D8EF7F8.jpeg