Promaster diesel?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Newer sprinter's are 245's every manufacturer has something...if I can't find unsold Michelin LTX M/S next year I'll try those defenders...post how those sumitomos work out, I know nothing about them

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
just to add my two cents I was in a 2014 3500 ext PM up until a few months ago.

I was in it from about 140k to 200k, I know it still had the original tranny and engine but idk if any replacements on anything else happened before that.

It was very solid running, but wasn't perfect, when I first picked it up totally empty coolant, turned out to be leaking coolant so we replaced the radiator (much later, we just kept adding coolant for a while since it was a small leak that didn't get worse) Then once I hit a bump on highway and both headlights went out, was explained to me it was something about the way they made the casing not being able to aborb shocks well or something like that I don't really remember.

As far as the three skids go, it was pretty much all the room in the bed, maybe like 6 inches or so extra room, also the whole time I was driving I got one of those loads. opted to sleep on top of the freight without my bed lol, not the best nights sleep.

schwanman

Expert Expediter

I was in it from about 140k to 200k, I know it still had the original tranny and engine but idk if any replacements on anything else happened before that.

It was very solid running, but wasn't perfect, when I first picked it up totally empty coolant, turned out to be leaking coolant so we replaced the radiator (much later, we just kept adding coolant for a while since it was a small leak that didn't get worse) Then once I hit a bump on highway and both headlights went out, was explained to me it was something about the way they made the casing not being able to aborb shocks well or something like that I don't really remember.

As far as the three skids go, it was pretty much all the room in the bed, maybe like 6 inches or so extra room, also the whole time I was driving I got one of those loads. opted to sleep on top of the freight without my bed lol, not the best nights sleep.
Chrysler will replace the radiator. Front wheel drive might explain headlites. Replaced # 9 yesterday!

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching

Chrysler will replace the radiator. Front wheel drive might explain headlites. Replaced # 9 yesterday!
Yeah they did free of charge, but i kinda attributed that to my fleet owner having around 10 vans from this one dealer and them not wanting him to take his business to another dealer by pulling the out of warranty card (we tried to get all major work done there).

Oh and i had a gas model forgot to mention that.