Progressive Insurance

bkkeystone

Expert Expediter
Just a heads up on Progressive Insurance -----
We have been with them for 5 or 6 years cargo van and car and just recently got our renewal notices. No acc or violations for wife and me one accident with ZERO damages, that's right no damages, I didnt claim mine and the bus I brushed didnt have any. I got ticket for fail to merge and did school so no points. In other words, five year driving record okay. (ticket in '01)

Our insurance on 2003 Ford Cargo Van and 1997 Merc Grand Marquis was $3600.00 per year!!!!! Immediately got quotes from like Geico and AARP (Hartford) and it was LESS THAN HALF--Like $1500.00.

Just shows to go that if you dont watch 'em, they;ll get you!!!

NEVER BEEN LOST--KNEW WHERE I WAS--JUST COULDN'T FIGURE IF IT WAS WHERE I OUGHTA BE!!!!!

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey, just note about geico...watch them. They require these random survey like papers every so often...if you don't send them back into the compnay within their time limit, which can be short, they will cancel your insurance. No questions asked... So, if your out a lot like us and you don't get your mail regularly, you could have problems. We pay all our bills on line and the person getting our mail recognised the envelope as junk mail, so we never knew of the envelopes importance. (We had our auto insurance with them.) It could have caused a world of problems for us having our auto insurance cancelled as we live in New York and it is manditory to have insurance. We had to hire an attorney. The incident almost cost me my license for a month suspension for lapse in auto insurance.

Nancy

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
A suggestion to all those, that are on the road for long periods of time. Contact your account rep, or the agent handling that open account, IE: phone, insurance, car note, so on, and brief them of your situation. Tell them if you have a PC, that when anything getting close to a deadline is coming up, to please notify you via email, or phone. Ask them to put special notes on the account, and send them to the billing department.

They can do this if you request it. I have one rep to an account, that will pay my bill, if I’m down to the wire. He will call and tell me to just send the payment to him, for it was already paid. What-A-Deal. Good Luck!!!

Xpediter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
bkkeystone
I didn't know Progessive had commeercial insurance for cargo vans. did you have your cargo insurnace from them too?

x