PRO number

Graybeard

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
What does the PRO stand for on a freight invoice or on the sticker you see on freight setting on docks?

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
pro no is how the shipment is track by customer or the carrier
with out that no , have no ideal where shipment is in the system
etc

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Well this may sound stupid but I have always wondered what the initials F.O.B. means...lol anyone know?

beenthere

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Free On Board
Means that the freight is not taxable until until it reaches that city, state

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Free on Board? I always thought it had to do with payment liability, like COD. You learn something new each day.

Lawrence
Expediters Online.Com

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I always thought that it stood for : from original beginning. meaning that it was created at that plant. But I do remember something about free on board.

Graybeard

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thanks for all the replys. I knew what FOB,POD,COD,stood for but when came to PRO I was SOL.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The PRO on the dock freight means PRODUCTION! (Usually referring to automotive freight). Either that or they need a PROfessional driver such as yourself to transport the freight :D
-Weave-

Mudflap

Expert Expediter
Always thought it meant "PROgression" or "Progressive" number. Seems these numbers started at 1 with the origin of the company and PROgressed to wherever they are now.

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
on the bill of lading, it will say FOB: shipping point; or FOB:
destination. it has to do with when title, or ownership of the goods
is transferred. Generally, on a prepaid shipment, title transfers to
the consignee as soon as it is loaded and the driver signs for the freight and vice versa on a collect shipment, where title wouldn't
transfer until the shipment is signed for at the other end