Previous jobs

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Anybody have a previous job that makes the characters you meet on the road seem boring? I have worked woth some real characters, I'll tell you.

This one job, I worked with this supermodel-wannabe. Very hot, but as useless as she was gorgeous. Always fixing her hair or checking her makeup. She was very self-centered and never once considered the needs or wants of anybody but herself. She was about as smart as a box of rocks and I find it hard to believe she even lived as long as she did.

Then there was this other girl who was the complete opposite. She was perhaps the smartest person I've ever known. Her career opportunities are truy endless, but she threw them all away to work with us. Physically, on a scale of 1-10, she was a zero. She wore the same clothes every day and I'm not sure she put any effort into hygiene at all. I doubt she even shaves her legs. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we pass a hardware store, she grunts like Tim the Tool Man Taylor.

But the crown jewel of the crowd had to be the stoner. And he's not your average pothead that everybody has known or worked with at some point in their lives. This guy is baked before he shows up, smokes anytime he gets the chance during the day, and certainly blazes away after work. I doubt this guy's been sober any time in the last ten years, and he was still in his low-20s. He dresses like a beatnik/hippy throwbac, and what's worse is he always brings his stupid dog to work. Every day, we're all stumbling over this huge dog--a great dane, and the dog's half stoned from the guy's secondhand smoke. I sometimes thought the dog was trying to talk with it's constant bellowing. And because of the munchies, they were always starving, wanting to stop at every McDonald's and Burger King all day.

Anyway, I drove these losers around in my van all day, solving mysteries.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Anybody have a previous job that makes the characters you meet on the road seem boring? I have worked woth some real characters, I'll tell you.

This one job, I worked with this supermodel-wannabe. Very hot, but as useless as she was gorgeous. Always fixing her hair or checking her makeup. She was very self-centered and never once considered the needs or wants of anybody but herself. She was about as smart as a box of rocks and I find it hard to believe she even lived as long as she did.

Then there was this other girl who was the complete opposite. She was perhaps the smartest person I've ever known. Her career opportunities are truy endless, but she threw them all away to work with us. Physically, on a scale of 1-10, she was a zero. She wore the same clothes every day and I'm not sure she put any effort into hygiene at all. I doubt she even shaves her legs. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we pass a hardware store, she grunts like Tim the Tool Man Taylor.

But the crown jewel of the crowd had to be the stoner. And he's not your average pothead that everybody has known or worked with at some point in their lives. This guy is baked before he shows up, smokes anytime he gets the chance during the day, and certainly blazes away after work. I doubt this guy's been sober any time in the last ten years, and he was still in his low-20s. He dresses like a beatnik/hippy throwbac, and what's worse is he always brings his stupid dog to work. Every day, we're all stumbling over this huge dog--a great dane, and the dog's half stoned from the guy's secondhand smoke. I sometimes thought the dog was trying to talk with it's constant bellowing. And because of the munchies, they were always starving, wanting to stop at every McDonald's and Burger King all day.

Anyway, I drove these losers around in my van all day, solving mysteries.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

Sounds like a good plot for a cartoon... wait.... its been done before. Rut roo.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Drove a limo for about 3 yrs out of new york, new jersey picked up a lot of strange people, picked up hacksaw jim duggan and the iron shiek at jfk and took them to philly to catch another flight they were hammerd when they got off the plane we stopped at every bar they knew to say hi, needless to say it was an interesting ride got free ticks. for a madison square garden event and i found out that the iron shiek spoke perfect english crazy day.:cool: