Previous careers

jf393

Rookie Expediter
Thanks everyone for the responses. Were not in the industry, just trying to do the due research to see if its right for us. I am currently a planning engineer for At&t. Been with the company 17 years, mostly as a technician/lineman. My wife is currently a quality control mgr. in the healthcare industry.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
-Law Enforcement/Explosive Detector Dog Handler, USAF
-Route sales/driver, large commercial bakery
-Corrections Officer, then Drill Instructor, then Shift Supervisor, prison boot camp and medium security
-Landlord/Rehabber/Builder
-Mortgage Broker, grew office to staff of 6
-Professional Recession Engineer (managed checkbook with zero balance)
-Expediter/Really small fleet owner

Not really sure what to do when I grow up.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
My question is, just out of curiosity , what careers did you have previously to expediting? What made you decide to get into the business?
thanks!

Diane was an attorney. I was a computer consultant. While doing well in those jobs, we disliked how they took us in different directions. Every day we'd go to our separate jobs, work on separate projects, go to separate conferences and meetings, etc. We got into expediting to (1) spend more time together, (2) share in a business project, (3) simplify our lives, (4) increase our income and (5) see the country. All five goals were achieved.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Mechanical Insulator (tanks-piping-duct work /hvac)
Did that for 6 years @ Pfizer in Kalamazoo ..then .started a company that went on the road insulating steam systems for corrugated box plants all over the country. . Did that for 10 years ...kinda got hooked on the traveling thing...so when the economy took a nose dive in 08 I seen the writing on the wall for the construction industry and was ready for something diffrent...so then it it was off to Bolt for 7 years AND now it's over here to team SALLY n Murray!!