Premium Transportation Logistics?

sluggo

Seasoned Expediter
This seems to be a popular topic for a question this time of year but can anyone tell me, good or not, what their experience has been with them? This site has been very helpful so far in research and decision making, THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I know the owners personally and they are very good guys to deal with. On a carrier to carrier relationship they are great to work with. I can't speak for how being leased on to them is.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not a recruiter nor do I play one on TV and I've never leased to PTL but what I can tell you from firsthand knowledge is John Mueller is a stand up guy. He won't feed you a load of baloney. He'll shoot straight with you. Good luck.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have a Van with them, I stay busy dispatch has grown,work well with me,pay has always been right. only problem with them is when I'm in service at home they call me at 6:30-7:00 am to see if I'm available,but they don't have a load for me yet,

Dispatcher03

Not a Member
Have a Van with them, I stay busy dispatch has grown,work well with me,pay has always been right. only problem with them is when I'm in service at home they call me at 6:30-7:00 am to see if I'm available,but they don't have a load for me yet,

This is one thing every dispatcher hates to do. Let me break it down to you this way.

On our screen your truck looks like this

Fastman = Green (waiting for a load for sure, if you call him with one he definitely will take it so bid on everything you can get for him and confirm it so you dont lose the load for him.
Fastman = Yellow (He is at home, could get possibly tied up with kids but is ready for the road. Call him before bidding or confirming on the load.)
Fastman = Blue o.o.s. Out of Service no loads please.

This is an important way to treat it. If you are at home and we put you in the green, and someone else at the company bids on a load for you picking up in 2.5 hours, at 20:00 and they confirm it before it goes away, then we have to get it covered no matter what. So then we call you and you say "well I'm at the doctor's or I'm at wal-mart or my truck is getting its oil changed or whatever" then dispatch is f***ed. Basically, be glad they call you at 0630 to make sure, because they are bidding on a load for you, and checking first. If they tell you they are not, then chances are they are trying to get you rolling, and the office is focusing really hard on it that morning. Be greatful for the communication. I would hate it to. Being a night dispatch/load planner, I dread calling drivers at all. So I try my best to make sure they understand the reasons why I called, and that it will pay off that they answered the phone and gave me a respectful time of day.

WestSide

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for explaining, Dispatch. So let's say we know the night prior that we'll be green at 0800 and are oos until then. Can this be communicated to you in order to resolve the above scenario?

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
This is one thing every dispatcher hates to do. Let me break it down to you this way.

Fastman = Green (waiting for a load for sure, if you call him with one he definitely will take it so bid on everything you can get for him and confirm it so you dont lose the load for him.
Fastman = Yellow (He is at home, could get possibly tied up with kids but is ready for the road. Call him before bidding or confirming on the load.)

This is an important way to treat it. If you are at home and we put you in the green, and someone else at the company bids on a load for you picking up in 2.5 hours, at 20:00 and they confirm it before it goes away, then we have to get it covered no matter what. So then we call you and you say "well I'm at the doctor's or I'm at wal-mart or my truck is getting its oil changed or whatever" then dispatch is f***ed. Basically, be glad they call you at 0630 to make sure, because they are bidding on a load for you, and checking first. If they tell you they are not, then chances are they are trying to get you rolling, and the office is focusing really hard on it that morning. Be greatful for the communication. I would hate it to. Being a night dispatch/load planner, I dread calling drivers at all. So I try my best to make sure they understand the reasons why I called, and that it will pay off that they answered the phone and gave me a respectful time of day.

All these years and that's the first time anyone has explained that. Thankyou.

sluggo

Seasoned Expediter

This has nothing to do with the original question I posed so let me break it down to you this way.

Stop hijacking threads!!!

Dispatcher03

Not a Member
Thanks for explaining, Dispatch. So let's say we know the night prior that we'll be green at 0800 and are oos until then. Can this be communicated to you in order to resolve the above scenario?

Yes, it should definitely solve the scenario. They can preplan your in service status from o.o.s. by getting an exact time from you that you want to come back. Then, it will automatically come back to yellow (unconfirmed) and then they should call you then to check and make sure, and when you confirm, your in green.

sluggo

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, it should definitely solve the scenario. They can preplan your in service status from o.o.s. by getting an exact time from you that you want to come back. Then, it will automatically come back to yellow (unconfirmed) and then they should call you then to check and make sure, and when you confirm, your in green.

This has nothing to do with the original question I posed so let me break it down to you this way.

Stop hijacking threads!!!

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Sluggo;

Dispatcher03 does NOT work for Premium Transportation Logistics. Chances are we do not even using the same dispatch software. Each company has various policies and procedures for every part of their operations with no two being the same. PTL LLC attempts to ensure accurate duty status of every driver in our fleet, every day.

No offense intended to Dispatcher03 - I'm he/or she was just attempting to help out.

Thanks,

Hot Fr8Recruiter