Powerstroke stalling

Rainbow 1 1

Expert Expediter
My engine keeps stalling. If I wait a few minutes, it will start but only runs a couple minutes and stalls again. Runs fine when it is running, no signs of bad fuel, gelling etc. I use fuel additive regularly. I am currently dispatched with a Monday delivery. Help please.:(

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just taking a few stabs:
Is the battery voltage coming up to normal after it starts? Check the battery cables, make sure they are tight.
There is most likely a fuel pump relay somewhere. I'd try that next.
If it runs fine at speed, the filter is probably OK.
I think powerstrokes have EGR valves. It is suppose to close it idle, but could be sticking open causing stalling.
They also have a closed PCV system, make sure the PCV vlave is clean.
That's about all I can think of at the moment.
-Weave-

Rainbow 1 1

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the info gentlemen. Turns out it was a camshaft sensor gone bad or working sporadically. A simple fix for Ford, fifteen minutes and $306 later and I was on my way. There goes last weeks check.
Thanks again for trying. I have learned a lot from this forum, keep up the good posting.
I,m an experienced expediter now, I've been out here for a month. Ha Ha. No money but I'm having fun and meeting a lot of interesting truckers. I'm sure the money will come.
I still wonder why we pay someone else to make money for them by way of a sign-on fee.
I LOVE America, Pray for the troops, I have a son out there in the Army

cruizer

Expert Expediter
Rainbow ,

www.thedieselstop.com

This site has all of the info on your Ford Diesel
and will save you thosands of dollars in repairs ,
replacement parts , and tips to get the best out
out of your unit .