pop ups-not trucking related

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
lawrence,

today i got a pop up for free screen savers. it also had a voice asking me if i wanted them.

this is a new computer and i am having some get thru the filters.

i have the p-u blocker on.

i am at medium high for privacy for internet options. if i go higher i cannot access google mail.

my security is also medium high.

wondering what anyone else is doing or getting non-related pop-ups.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
lawrence,

today i got a pop up for free screen savers. it also had a voice asking me if i wanted them.

this is a new computer and i am having some get thru the filters.

i have the p-u blocker on.

i am at medium high for privacy for internet options. if i go higher i cannot access google mail.

my security is also medium high.

wondering what anyone else is doing or getting non-related pop-ups.

Where did you receive the pop-up? There is a good chance that the pop-up was a result of a malacious virus that will place pop-ups on trusted sites you visit.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
VIRUS?? thanks. i have been followed around by a pop from bediddle which seems to be a search engine. comes up in banking, log cabins, home electronics.

there is a thread by rev dave about seat covers and when i went there the page came up a second time. lots of that going on.

never had this problem with my dell.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
my firendly techno-geek came over and found waaaaay to many thinks opening up. ask.com was there and after that was sent [packing the pop ups stopped. some other things got sent away also.

all nice and clean now.