POLICE OFFICER WANTING A CHANGE

G

Thought I might try expediting with my wife, like to get out of law enforcement what do u think?

G

I had little run-in with a county mounty in Davenport, IA can you uhhhh do a little fixin? Ha! LOL!

If you run a husband/wife team u can make a killing with almost any company. I always recommened a nationwide companies over a local mom-n-pop. They just promiose u the moon and never deliver.

The landstars, roberts, conway-nows (& later)tristates etc are nationwide and pretty safe bet.

The only benefits you will have are the ones u purchase for yourself. I would rather have the option to run/work when I want then to do the 9 to 5 thing. Each to his own. Best of luck.

THE X

G

I retired from Law Enforcement and miss the hell out of it and wish I was back in it. Id give up expediting in a heartbeat to be back.

G

A FL 70 will do the job for you. But the more important question is: how well can you and your wife get along in the small confines of a truck? If she can drive the truck well that's half the battle, BUT if you and she are used to you going off to work away from each other, there will have to be a major change in both of you to accomodate the new life-style. The change will be more profound than either of you can possably understand, and you will have to be very carefull not to find yourselves having some terrible arguments. Try to talk to some H/W teams and they will tell you, if they are honest, that stress can be hard when you are togeather ALL the time..Godd Luck, but really think this out first. Jim Bunting...

G

My wife and I have run as a team for 13 years.We probably have 2-3 nasty arguements per year,but only when we are exhausted.Many females have a difficult time adjusting to the expediters life on the road,such as showering in truck stops etc.I would recommend that before you buy a truck,that you both drive for someone else who might have a small fleet. Try it for at least 6 months and see if the erratic,irregular lifestyle is for you

G

I think you should find out as much as you can before you get into this business. I'm not sayin it's not a good thing but you need the right expectations or you may be disappointed. If you're doing it with your wife it' even that much better. Have you checked out expresstucking.com website, they give alot of info on what it's like and what it's all about. it's pretty straight forward.
Anyway talk to alot of expediters before you decide that may help you figue out what size truck you want. For two people stayin out on the road a van might be tough, believe me I know. Good luck what ever you do.