Planet fitness or Anytime fitness better for expediting?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
UPDATE!!!! I've had both gyms PF and ATF for awhile now and it's been GREAT!!! There has been several times where I would deliver and there would be one gym but not the other. I would highly suggest that a person gets both!

I do prefer ATF cause there private shower/restroom like the truckstops "but keep in mind, they maybe only a few shower rooms" and PF is a open shower room with some to most have changing rooms. Most of the time when I use PF it's late at night and very early in the morning, not alot of people there.

Just giving you guys and gals a update on the gyms and hope this helps!

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
UPDATE!!!! I've had both gyms PF and ATF for awhile now and it's been GREAT!!! There has been several times where I would deliver and there would be one gym but not the other. I would highly suggest that a person gets both!

I do prefer ATF cause there private shower/restroom like the truckstops "but keep in mind, they maybe only a few shower rooms" and PF is a open shower room with some to most have changing rooms. Most of the time when I use PF it's late at night and very early in the morning, not alot of people there.

are all the PFs like that? cause they are advertised as private shower stalls. I mean like they are set up like bathroom stalls and not a private room.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have a membership at Planet Fitness. All locations that I have visited have 3 or 4 individual shower stalls. I visited a location first before joining to find out about the showers situation. I would not enjoy taking a shower together with other people.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

are all the PFs like that? cause they are advertised as private shower stalls. I mean like they are set up like bathroom stalls and not a private room.
The showers are stalls at PF and it has three walls and a shower curtain. No private rooms with a door to close and lock.

Just found this pic on PF showers! This will help!
20180902_021820.jpg

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Hmm---no one has talked about how fit they are getting at PF or the weight they have lost or the diets they are on to gain a more healthy lifestyle,,but showers seem to be the number one reason for stopping by,,,,,I could be in error on this..

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Hmm---no one has talked about how fit they are getting at PF or the weight they have lost or the diets they are on to gain a more healthy lifestyle,,but showers seem to be the number one reason for stopping by,,,,,I could be in error on this..
I wanna sign up but I'm just getting used to teaming with someone. Doesn't help they have no interest in either the gym or healthy eating. Been trying to workout in the truck but i gotta do it quietly which sucks but they gotta sleep. I've kept myself on a pretty good diet. 2 pb sandwiches on whole grain bread. 2 chicken cheese and mustard wraps on whole grain wrap. 1/4 cup walnuts. 1/4 cup sunflower seeds. 1/4 cup almonds. Sugar free protein shake. An apple and a banana. That's all I eat every day. 2100 calories. I can't attest to any weight loss because I'm not keeping track but I definately feel a hell of a lot better eating like this.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I have NO desire to workout, LOL. It's just the showers for me as my post stated.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
For me, only once I took a shower without working out, because the time did not allow it.

When work was slower I used to work out 3 or more times a week. Even though I don't need to loose weight, I just felt better. But then the work started to pick up and I don't get to work out as much. I am just too tired to do it and after I am rested and figure out where to go to work out I get another load.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Question for those of you PF members.....how many how you ran into that were not 24 7 or did not accept the black card? My co drivers friend said he ran into a few that didn't accept it. I'm running midnight to noon so having at least 90% be accessible with the black card and overnight is a must.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Question for those of you PF members.....how many how you ran into that were not 24 7 or did not accept the black card? My co drivers friend said he ran into a few that didn't accept it. I'm running midnight to noon so having at least 90% be accessible with the black card and overnight is a must.
I never ran into any that did not accept the black card.
Some are not 24 hours, but not that many.

Reactions: dc843

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had an Anytime Fitness account for 1 year.

My 2 cents.

If you’re running a van, Anytime Fitness is a great choice, the extra $10/month is made up with the added number of locations, more rural areas.

All in all, perfect for a van driver.

When I moved to flat bed, I immediately realized that most AF locations are in shopping mall areas the size of postage stamps. Now I found myself being stressed out, not being able to get in and out, parking in adjacent parking lots. I ended up going to multiple locations before finding a place to park quite often. This frustration led me to start taking showers back at the truck stops, and quit going all together.

I can’t recommend Planet Fitness because I never went there, but if members say they have larger parking lots, if I drove a straight truck, I would try there.

Last edited:
Reactions: DollarSign

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Quick question for Planet Fitness Black Card Members.

I just read about “unlimited guest privileges”. Does this mean if you’re team driving, you can use this option one time a day, at any location, to bring your second into the gym for a workout and a shower?

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator

I just read about “unlimited guest privileges”. Does this mean if you’re team driving, you can use this option one time a day, at any location, to bring your second into the gym for a workout and a shower?
Yep

Reactions: Solar

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
I can’t recommend Planet Fitness because I never went there, but if members say they have larger parking lots, if I drove a straight truck, I would try there.

From what I see, about half would be no problem and the other half you would pretty much have to go at night when there's not a lot of people.

I'm probably going to go back to a van for the simple fact that I'll be able to stay in shape and not have to worry about hour limits combined with being such little truck parking available.

Reactions: Solar

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yep

That is just awesome.

I’ll give them a try.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm probably going to go back to a van for the simple fact that I'll be able to stay in shape and not have to worry about hour limits combined with being such little truck parking available.

Same thing here.
I don’t think hot shot flat bed is bad in itself, but the headaches it gave wasn’t translating into my paycheck.

I just signed on with Planet Fitness, got my black card. Guy was really professional and articulate showing me the place, and it’s quite an impressive set up. If all Planet Fitness locations are even close to this, I believe I’ll be quite happy.

Reactions: DollarSign

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, time for me to get my fat ass into the gym. I don't fuel up at Pilot/Flying J that much anyway.
What's the cheapest way to sign on with Anytime Fitness. Since we travel all over the country are there different areas that have different pricing?
Just go to my home location & haggle?
Thoughts .....?

Reactions: guido4475