Pizza Hut Buffalo Wings

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
First offl, I know this is the healthy eating section but where else to put something about food?

Saying something good about Pizza Hut is almost as bad as complementing Dominos. But I just had Buffalo Wings from Pizza Hut and they're very good. They do them right. Deep fried and then dipped in a liquid sauce. Most "Buffalo Wings" you find outside of Buffalo just have a weird lame spicy breading on them. Btw, if you're interested. The sauce is just Frank's red hot, melted butter, garlic and just a little black pepper and salt. If you want hotter wings, the easiest way is to add some red cayenne pepper but some people get creative.

Their internet ordering page is a snap. The wings are ready in about 15 minutes. I chose traditional bone-in medium tempurature. $6.50 for 8 or $12 for 16. And they have packages of dipping sauce for 50 cents. I've noticed Walmart sells little packages of celery for about $1. So if you like doing your wings the real Buffalo way, you can get wings and blue cheese at Pizza Hut and celery at Walmart and you're all set. As you probably know, you don't dip wings in the blue cheese. You dip celery in the blue cheese. It cools the mouth down and magically cleanses the palate. Don't like blue cheese? Who cares? I probably don't either. I've only had the stuff with wings. :)

Next time I'm going deep and doing the "Burning Hot" wings.

Btw, wings don't have to be deep fried. At home I grill them until golden brown, dip them in the magic sauce and enjoy a few minutes of heaven.

Last edited: