Petro - Ontario, CA

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We find ourselves at this location often when out in California. We have done numerous 34 restarts here and we find this place is a great break from trucking.

Our first goal is to cross over the hill and interstate I-10 to see a movie, eat, or pick up supplies for the truck.

The sidewalks are great and there are traffic lights as needed to cross the busy roads.

Our current favorite place to eat is a Pho Soup Restaurant near the Olive Garden. It is about a mile and a half walk and since we usually have pleasant weather we enjoy the trek. We often combine the walk with a movie and there are two great theaters within walking distance with any movie you would want to see being shown.

Great place to get a restart and some exercise.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I enjoy that location too. Expediters can feel especially welcome there since they get to park in the front lot for free while bobtail tractors are run off by security and made to park in the pay lot.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
With so many restaurant choices available, we still like to repay the TA for their respect by eating there on occasion.
That's a much easier choice with the new and improved salad bar.

1roaddog

Seasoned Expediter
We go to Stater Bros grocery and get some of the best steaks around and lump charcoal. We grill there often

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Years ago there were entertainment options at the TA West.

Thankfully they fixed the hole in the fence and improved security.

Was told there were permit hold ups in the Petro improvements.

The city of Ontario just wishes the truckstops would go away.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Gary, is there St trk parking at that train station ?

I did see a straight parked there once, but there are signs forbidding overnight parking. I wouldn't chance it because you would presumably be away from the truck for a longer period of time. I travel with a bike, but for most a Taxi from TA would be the best option.

BTW that train has a really extensive route and that weekend fare special can't be beat.