PET PEEVES, WHAT'S YOURS???

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Sitting at a rest stop the other day. Beautiful sun shiny day. Guy in the truck next to us gets out of his truck and he's walking toward the pet walk area. With his back to us we couldn't see what he had but it was obvious that he was carefully cradeling something so being the dog lovers that we are we anxiously awaited the unveiling of this much coddled pet. Finally he leans over to release his pet and we see...... HIS P*** BOTTLE come out from under his jacket and he dumps it on the ground! He turns around, smiles at us, and now he's coming over to our truck!! This freekshow is now apologizing. "I hope that wasn't too graphic for you, I thought I was a pet"!! Now he thinks this is funny and all we can say is "whatever" and roll the window back up. Wonder what makes him think I'd want to walk my dogs there and bring them back up into the truck, "our living room"? I wanted so badly to jump down his throat and do a tap dance on his tonsils, but given all the goofy things happening that you hear about on the news these days, you're better off to just shake it off and go on. No, we didn't walk the dogs there.
This is just ONE of my pet peeves, how's about sharing yours?

BEAUTY MAY ONLY BE SKIN DEEP BUT UGLY IS TO THE BONE!!
:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7
DD

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My pet peeve is that when I am parked somewhere in a wide open parking lot trying to get some sleep another truck will pull in right next to me and idle or even worse it will be a reefer unit roaring away. On Monday morning I was parked off I 95 in Smithfield NC,the lot was empty,I had breakfast,laid down and within 20 minutes 2 huge RV!s came in. One parked so close I could have reached out the window and touched it.They both probably had big Detroit!s that went into high idle .

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Hi Rich, you're so right about the noise, I wonder about this with the generator on our truck. It's taken us some time to get used to the noise of it starting and stopping when we have it on automatic and the sound does remind me of a reefer. Does this mean if we ever run into (not the best choice of words!) you on the road that we can't park side by side and be buddies while we wait on that next load? DD

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Generator noise is usually OK,14 liter engines are not,LOL. If the sleeper curtain is up feel free to park and share FDXCC stories., like the phone call I had at 0500 today to rescue a shipment that was 150 miles away,and had to go 50 miles,then a 200 mile deadhead.Total pay worked out to about .40 per mile.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Listening to that racket when trying to sleep can be a pain in the butt. There are these earplugs that I keep in the van, so when I do have to get some rest, I use them and they really do help.

The thing that PEEVES ME off the most is when your driving down the road past an on ramp, in the right lane. Another vehicle in the left and some jerk not yielding onto the highway. I hate non-yielder so bad that I don't even slow down for them anymore. Most of the time the on-coming vehicle will stop or get run into the guardrail. It's to the point now when I can't move over I'm all ready to play chicken. This very thing did happen to me one morning and a cop was the person in my left. Needless to say he did stop the non-yielding “scum bag”.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Exactly Tony. I was going to make a list, that being on it, but didn't want to hog them all. I don't know which is worse, merging in front of you and then creeping along, or racing you to the last second before they back off. MAKE UP YOUR MIND, GAS IT OR BACK OFF!!

BEAUTY MAY ONLY BE SKIN DEEP BUT UGLY IS TO THE BONE!! DD

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey how 'bout when you do move over and let someone in a car merge on the roadway...ESPECIALLY in MICHIGAN where they can go 70 mph..and they don't let you back in the granny lane and you are stuck out in the passing lane fighting all the 70 mph jerks who won't let you back over!

OR

How 'bout the idiots that can't wait and shoot out behind you when you are on the ramp merging onto an interstate?

DD, I have the a scenerio for you...we were at the Petro, exit 12 off the 285 in Georgia last summer and watched the most unbelievable thing I have ever seen yet! We were in the first row parked about 100' or so from the entrance door. It was about 2:00 in the afternoon. I was sitting in the jump seat playing on the computer and the guy in the PRIME truck next to me...got out, pissed on his front steer tire. He clearly saw me sitting there and obviously didn't give a hoot. Here is the kicker...he then went into the truck stop. Mostly likely to eat....yuck. Now why couldn't he wait and use the restroom. I could not believe it. People walking by etc. He never even looked up or around him. Geesh. Disgusting.

As far as pet peeves I have a list...:7

-mcbride

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Mac, one thing just follows another, doesn't it? I'll bet our lists are very close to being the same. I never "got" that tire thing either, gosh I make my male dogs go in the grass, wouldn't dream of using our tires or anyone elses.

BEAUTY MAY ONLY BE SKIN DEEP BUT UGLY IS TO THE BONE!! DD

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think about my only pet peeve is fuel islands that are wet all over with fuel. Or the driver who pulls up, and instead of going in and paying for his fuel and parking, decides to sit there blocking the isle for 30 minutes while he fixes his hot dogs, takes a poop, and chats with restaurant waitresses until they whine at him over the intercom to move his truck. Then they ALWAYS come out and give me a dirty look. If I am in the mood, I'll apologize to them and wish them a safe trip, hoping their trailer of toilet paper doesn't arrive late :7
-Weave-

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
i have alot of pet peeves,but one that ranks right up there is truck drivers who use the windshield squeegie and bug scrubber as a means to clean all areas of their trucks.then everyone that comes after them ends up smearing their windshields with grease and diesel fuel.x( x( x( x( DD

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Seriously, NEVER use those things at truckstops. One time I used one that had a small piece of something lodged in it that scratched the hell out of my windshield. I now buy big quantities of 409 or Fantastik at BJ's or Sams, and clean all glass exclusively with this and my own rags. Glass cleaner such as Windex is useless in the summer as it evaporates before you even get a chance to wipe, and does little to desolve bugs. You can use these cleaners for just about anything inside and outside of the truck.
-Weave-

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
How about when you rush into the restroom, 'bursting at the seams', you're unbuckling your belt as you cross the restroom floor towards the only availible stall, slam the door, lock it, start to drop trou, and realize the last occupant of the stall decided NOT to raise the toilet seat before he pi&*%d all over everything....

You now have a decision to make, pray you don't soil yourself while you:

Go get paper towels etc to clean the seat,

Or

Wait for someone to leave another stall.. hoping THEY didn't do the same thing......

x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x( x(

Dreamer

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>How about when you rush into the restroom, 'bursting at the
>seams', you're unbuckling your belt as you cross the
>restroom floor towards the only availible stall, slam the
>door, lock it, drop and plop, and realize....

There is no toilet paper...x(

-mcbride

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
How about when your about to whiz your pants and you´re running for the restroom and it´s "closed for cleaning"

Also..when you´re browsing thru the truck paper or other publications, and you see something that catches your eye, and you look to see if you can swing the cost, and it says "call for price"..so they can work you. oooooooooooo!