Per Diem Tax Deductions & Taxes............................................. .........

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Re: Per Diem Tax Deductions & Taxes............................................. ....

I don't expect Gobs of Money, not by a Long Shot! Problem is I had No Clue as to How to do this! Nor Could I Afford to Hire an Accountant. I Tried to go through ATBS for 2009 & 2010, yet they Never Prepared nor Filed My Tax Returns for Those Years. Now I have to Consult with a Tax Attorney to get the IRS to Leave Me alone!

The thing is, you don't get to be in business and ignore tax law at the same time, and you are now finding this out the hard way. The fact that you did not know this or that and cannot afford this or that is of no concern to the IRS. They have the power to take money directly from your bank account to get they money they have coming. They have the power to take your goods. They have the power to make your employer or carrier send your earned income to the IRS before they send it to you.

With this kind of 500 lbs. gorilla in the room that is focused on you, it might be time to decide that taxes are not as complicated as you once believed, and that you can learn enough about taxes to and take responsible actions to get that gorilla our of your life. Not doing so so in the past got you into the situation you are in today. Not doing so today dooms you to be in the same situation in the future.

Yes, taxes can be intimidating. It is also true that you can learn your way out of that.

Last edited:

HockeyRob

Seasoned Expediter
Re: Per Diem Tax Deductions & Taxes............................................. ....

The thing is, you don't get to be in business and ignore tax law at the same time, and you are now finding this out the hard way. The fact that you did not know this or that and cannot afford this or that is of no concern to the IRS. They have the power to take money directly from your bank account to get they money they have coming. They have the power to take your goods. They have the power to make your employer or carrier send your earned income to the IRS before they send it to you.

With this kind of 500 lbs. gorilla in the room that is focused on you, it might be time to decide that taxes are not as complicated as you once believed, and that you can learn enough about taxes to and take responsible actions to get that gorilla our of your life. Not doing so so in the past got you into the situation you are in today. Not doing so today dooms you to be in the same situation in the future.

Yes, taxes can be intimidating. It is also true that you can learn your way out of that.

You know; I Really don't appreciate you Labeling Me as a "Tax Cheat"! Obviously you did not read anything I said! Before I got into this Line of Work, I had No Clue as to what I was Getting into! Second, I Hired an Accountant to Handle all of the Financial Stuff for Me, Including Preparing and Filing Income Tax Returns and they REFUSED to do what I PAID them to do! That's among the Reasons I am no Longer in the Expediting Business! The Reason I got into that Business was to Lift My Wife and I Out from being Under Crushing Poverty, yet it only Compounded that Problem! I Understand how Cruel and Heartless the IRS is; why do you think I ended up Dealing with a Tax Attorney? But Calling Me a "Tax Cheat" is a Little Below the Belt!

ATeam

Retired Expediter

You know; I Really don't appreciate you Labeling Me as a "Tax Cheat"! Obviously you did not read anything I said! Before I got into this Line of Work, I had No Clue as to what I was Getting into! Second, I Hired an Accountant to Handle all of the Financial Stuff for Me, Including Preparing and Filing Income Tax Returns and they REFUSED to do what I PAID them to do! That's among the Reasons I am no Longer in the Expediting Business! The Reason I got into that Business was to Lift My Wife and I Out from being Under Crushing Poverty, yet it only Compounded that Problem! I Understand how Cruel and Heartless the IRS is; why do you think I ended up Dealing with a Tax Attorney? But Calling Me a "Tax Cheat" is a Little Below the Belt!

HockyRob,

Nowhere in any of my posts did I label or call you a tax cheat, nor did I intend to make any such implication. Look back at my posts. "Tax cheat" and nothing else even close appears in them.

I'm sorry you are in the circumstances you are. Let me restate my message in a different way. Yes, taxes are complicated and can be intimidating. But the good news is that you can learn your way out of the circumstances you are now in. Taxes are difficult, yes, but not impossible. With applied effort and a commitment to do so, it is possible to get out from under.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

HockyRob,

Nowhere in any of my posts did I label or call you a tax cheat, nor did I intend to make any such implication. Look back at my posts. "Tax cheat" and nothing else even close appears in them.

Yeah, that had me scratching my head, not sure how he got that :confused:

I had some IRS problems a few years back, they are brutal. When Obama was talking about how much he wanted to help out the American people, I kept saying you can help by putting a leash on your IRS :rolleyes:

HockeyRob

Seasoned Expediter

A-Team I Apologize if I May have taken your Statement out of Context. Mr Roadtime, I couldn't agree with y'all more about Reining in the IRS! I mean shouldn't they Go after Tax Cheats such as 1 Willard "Mitt" Romney or the Koch Brothers? I mean why do they Pick on those Like Me who are Dirt Poor?

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy

A-Team I Apologize if I May have taken your Statement out of Context. Mr Roadtime, I couldn't agree with y'all more about Reining in the IRS! I mean shouldn't they Go after Tax Cheats such as 1 Willard "Mitt" Romney or the Koch Brothers? I mean why do they Pick on those Like Me who are Dirt Poor?

Mostly to keep you dirt poor and they know you don't have a way to fight back so you will just accept the bill and make a payment plan.