Per Diem For Schedule C Filers

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Hi Frank,

I was reading some posts on a tax forum regarding the per diem deduction for an owner/operator and someone indicated that you have to take the actual expenses if filing a Schedule C.

Is that correct?

Best regards,
David

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greetings David, if I may be Frank with you (in reality I'm Moot) I use Schedule C and under line 24 you will find sub-lines a, b, c,and d. Line 24 b is the meal deduction. You should be filling out a Schedule C every year as that is where the business deductions can be found. Remember, Schedule C is our best friend!

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
hI, sCHEDULE C, SHOULLD BE USE FOR ALL SOLE PROPREITORS NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS YOU HAVE,

tHE PER DEIM IS $59.00 PER DAY IN THE US FOR 2010
AND $65.00 PER DAY IN CANADA AND IS SUBJECT TO 80% OF THE TOTAL,

You cannot take the full amount of the per day total on line 24 B of Schedule C.

There is a box on the top of the SCH C, that you would have to find in the subject of there is a scroll down in that box, normally it is has a F infront of it or it might be stated on the schedule C, Sub to DOT REGS.
Then you enter the full amount and the software will compute the 80% and automaticlly enter on the correct line if you imput is correct.

Frank

Last edited:

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
daver,

The actual expenses pertain to all trucks over 10,000 GVW, No cargo vans, < C units, D units and E units must use
Fuel, tools, repairs, insurance tires additiona oil, additives, office supplies, tax and registrationh fees

USE ALSO USE THE PER DIEM IN EITHER TRUCK U USE.

dAVE E0MAIKL ME DIRECTLY AT [email protected]

fRANK