Passing Inspections

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
The pictures A Team put up is a prime Example. How in the world with a sagging body on a Frame does it get by? I am not trying to be a bully here, as nice as condition that I try to keep my truck in know there just might be something to make it fail.

So when ONE KNOWS there are major defects, or repairs how do they keep on getting the Green Light?

We have all seen them, parked next them, grease all over the rim, tires missing large parts from them, brakes that make more noise than the engine, enough oil dropped in a night ideling to fill a pail to the top, lights out, etc...

In the three inspections I have been thru not once has an officer said NICE TRUCK. Gave me my stickers with a (it passed) only comment.

Not enough inspections for the miles I have driven, but I cross at many as we all do scale houses. Does not add up, to Safety.

Ya think that truck is really safe, like Terry said Railroad crossings etc... Sagging like a Black Bear in September before Winter.
PS if anyone is ever gona photgraph my truck for an article, if its not clean, please knock so I can get it washed first for the article.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You know it gets kinda frustrating after a while seeing these apartments on wheels go by knowing that a few of them are more unsafe than the poorly maintained truck. I saw one the other day that was just unreal pulling a trailer. As it passed me I thought how in the h*ll can anyone turn the thing around, the truck and sleeper were larger than my entire truck.

I don't understand why the carrier does not closely watch things, per the example that Phil put up.

I mean is it really ok to worry about the flash and all that cr*p over safety?

A bowing frame? If so the truck can be a hazard.

Maybe some don't think so but the lessons I took from my talks with some of the real engineers who work on these things were clear about putting a lot of weight in the middle of a frame that is not proplery reinforced (meaning a double frame) or just using a truck for a purpose that it wasn't made for to begin with.