Part of i96 in Michigan closed.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Now they're saying 40 vehicles and 3 dead when are these idiots gonna learn ? Culling the herd is one thing but this is not the way I'm just gonna go home when they get the roads salted. Sad too early in the season for this nonsense the dot and their sting is doing nothin to stop the cars from causing this mess .

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: BIGTRAIN

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Looking at local pictures it appears big trucks in front of the pack. (But that don't mean nothing..)

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Fearless tt driver jackknifed starting the whole shebang
3 dead 2 cars drivers or passengers and a truck driver didn't say names or companies be safe out there and stop being invincible because your not!

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Fearless tt driver jackknifed starting the whole shebang
3 dead 2 cars drivers or passengers and a truck driver didn't say names or companies be safe out there and stop being invincible because your not!

This is an observation, not a criticism, but it seems that English is not the majority language spoken at truck stops by drivers. Have y'all noticed that TT drivers are taking liberties that we have not seen as much of, like rapid lane changes, driving in left lane when marked no trucks, running over 70mph, driving on wet roads as they would on dry and of course, they seem to think snow has no affect on them. Just my observation

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: ucfd608 and tknight

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Just my observation

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Same here, in fact I have recently made it a point to family and friends that there seems to be a decline in courtesy and defensive driving by 53fts. I have advised them to stay clear and keep a safe distance. Maybe its just me but things kinda seem to be going backwards out here on the road. Why I don't know. Again I ask has the industry brought it on themselves, by using any warm body in the truck, time schedule's or any other reason. Something has sure changed out here.

Reactions: ucfd608 and tknight

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some are just unwilling to slow down even when deteriorating road conditions demand that they do.