Panther's knocking at Your door.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
Try taking any time off in the Columbus Ohio area. Log yourself off and out of service and you still recieve phone calls at 3:30 am seeing if you will take a load. That happened to one of my team drivers after being out a month. Panther has called him three times in the last 24 hours about taking freight. So if you need a load head to Columbus, OH.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
This has always been a great area for freight :) Not so good if you DON'T want to get called tho I guess LOL.

sweetpete

Seasoned Expediter
If you are logged off, why do you need to have your phone on?
Is this some type of regulation from Panther?

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I've been really busy this week. I was deadheading from Houston, TX down I-10 on my way to Florida on Monday of last week. I didn't even get to Baton Rouge, LA when I got offered a load going from St. Rose, LA to Westville, NJ. (1,234 miles). I dropped, slept at the J exit 2c in NJ, and got another load going from DC to Richmond, VA. The FSC was .50 cents on that load so I took it...got my 1st out and the system wanted me to go to Spring Valley, VA. So I was headed south on 95 and got a run from New Bern, NC to Aurora, IL. (27 mile) but paid 201$. I had to dh a good ways to get it though. plus 1st out. I figured to heck with it and was headed south to visit Uncle in Florida again, but didn't get very far. I was hit with a run from Kennansville, NC to Port Huron, MI. the FSC wasn't that great but it was a good load at 840 miles. I got to the shipper and they made me wait there from 1700 to 2000 and then they told me "thanks for waiting, but we're not going to use you as our carrier". Ok...didn't know what was up with that, but they probably thought they'd get a lower rate. So that load dry ran and I continued down to Florida with my 1st out. I got to my where I was going.....walked in the door.....and my phone rings. Of course....It's Panther......Got a load offer for 1,340 miles from Naples, Florida, to Chicago, Ill. It was a UPS run. I guess Panther is doing residential p/u on a regular basis. So I took the run b/c if I didn't I would be a moron. It had a Monday delivery. So here I am waiting to p/u a run going to Mansfield, OH from Bensonville, Ill. After I get done here...I'm going to try and get home. I wonder how far I will get into the door.:confused: I'm not complaining though...since these kinds of weeks are a rarity...especially 3 weeks in a row.:eek:

kangar0085

Seasoned Expediter
Man that is ONE busy week. The busiest week that I can remember when I was in my van was over 2900 miles in less then 7 days. (Loaded miles)