Panther forum

TwoMotherTrkrs

Seasoned Expediter
Tell us please, Leo, does Panther have a survival plan for these these economic times? Do they figure us into that plan?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have no access to corporate plans however I'm sure Panther factors economic conditions into their operation plans and programs. I can assure you they prefer to retain current contractors rather than bring new ones in.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Leo, I agree thay may have keept the old O/O busy but the new on no this for sure ...........I know that the economy is shaking now but so much that TT can not do notning?I things thay have a lot to learne from the big company like Fed EX and Landatsr.....So many things it is not organiz in the Panther but many not only 2-3 things . I hope thay keept the old once O/O busy because the other way thay will end with no many trucks. I know in the day when my husband was in orientation on the second day 5 people living and said this is not right and good place for us and thay left.......

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Panther would like to keep every truck busy. At any given time, for every 3 trucks Panther has signed on, only 2 are in service and available for a load. It seems like there are way too many trucks, and in some locations at certain times there definitely are, but they do their best to get trucks into the best area to get them loaded. If we aren't loaded they aren't making any money. That's the key point to remember about them and whether they care if we run or not. If we don't, they make nothing.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't want to pull good information from the area where everyone has access to it. Most things have some application to any carrier and people with other carriers have good thoughts to contribute on most anything we can bring up as well. By limiting things to Panther people only we are cutting off many good people with a lot to contribute. I'm not for segregated areas and would rather move anything here to the main areas so we can get input from the others who don't have access to the Panther area.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
Leo, I agree thay may have keept the old O/O busy but the new on no this for sure ...........I know that the economy is shaking now but so much that TT can not do notning?I things thay have a lot to learne from the big company like Fed EX and Landatsr.....So many things it is not organiz in the Panther but many not only 2-3 things . I hope thay keept the old once O/O busy because the other way thay will end with no many trucks. I know in the day when my husband was in orientation on the second day 5 people living and said this is not right and good place for us and thay left.......

Alborada, I have talked to quite a few tt o/o in the last few months and all have reported being fairly busy. We run a straight truck and have had 3 good months in 08. How long have you been at Panther and what other expedite companies have you been signed on with? It does take awhile to get use to the phone system and new boards. We came to Panther from conway now and left after 3 months because of the same things that seem to be bothering you,we returned to Panther because they have the most loads and always pay when they say they will an honest company. We also saw a 3-4 tt o/o leave during orientation the reason was they would not agree to run leagle. It has been said on the forums many times not everyone fits with every company. Do you do all that you can to get freight, haz mat,canada,govt qualified etc.? Always best to to be available for as many different runs as possible, expedite is not the same as truck load driving and takes awhile to adjust to the differences. Good luck with Panther I'm sure it will work out for you as you get to know the way the company works,it is a good company to be leased on with.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
good morning everyone........
Im not a O/O ...... i been with panther for about 2 1/2 yrs now..... and drive for ACDC logistics.... I been with them for a yr and half now.... they treat me pretty good.
I love to meet other panther drivers while out here on the road.....
I am a solo driver as well.
you can reconise my truck ... by my no.. 4962 ..... i have a small toy plush panther on my dash and a sreaw cowboy hat on the dash and on the passanger side door i have flowers.. lol
right now im in Buffalo NY..... its my home.... and i never have problems getting loads out fo this area..... its pretty good.
once in a great while i get runs to texas....... my boss hates it when i go there.....
I have a ways of working my way bk east..... if I am to far up on the boards.... if i am more then 3rd ..and in 24hrs if the boards r simply not moving...... I willl book a back haul.
it may not always pay as much.... but i figure it at least pays out towards help with fuel .

panther_art

Expert Expediter
I like this because now we can get information from other panther drivers and nice as they are in the other form people try an give advice on things they really no nothing about.

Pantherart

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
howz it going out there..... gang??
ok im over here in waterloo iowa...... ha
and got a load offer to
drive 134 miles ... at $1 10
and take it 135 miles ... further west to Demoines area.....
i was like...... ahhHH i dont think so.....
what r thoughts on loads like this????
and im a solo driver.

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
howz it going out there..... gang??
ok im over here in waterloo iowa...... ha
and got a load offer to
drive 134 miles ... at $1 10
and take it 135 miles ... further west to Demoines area.....
i was like...... ahhHH i dont think so.....
what r thoughts on loads like this????
and im a solo driver.
I get 3 to 4 short load offers a month. They puzzled me for a while. So, here's how I handle them now. I figured out how much I need to make a day to be profitable. When they offer me a short load, I tell them I will be happy to do the load for what I consider to be how much I need to be profitable. They obviously need to cover the load. I obviously need to make a profit. More times than not they will give me a flat rate for the load which is considerably higher than the rate plus fuel surcharge plus deadhead. Give it a try. You might be happily surprised. Good luck.