PACCAR Tech Fees

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
I was just at the dealer and found out that if you are or want to order some parts which would require a question from PACCAR parts technical - as of 4/28, 2009 there will be a $100 charge assessed to the dealer who will graciously pass that fee on to YOU.

is it me or how is this good for anyone? You want to order parts, they want to sell you parts, you want the right parts, they know what are the right parts, you don't wanna ask a $100 question, you get the wrong parts or none at all. :confused:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow. I wonder what kind of parts would require the dealer to phone the mothership to figure out? I thought Paccar had a pretty good VIN based system.

What brought that up when they told you p?

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Well here's two examples:

1 - My truck came with a single vertical exhaust which wouldn't have been my choice so I asked dealer what I would need to convert it to horizontal..........thinking a couple brackets, new muffller and maybe a tailpipe - according to PACCAR I need $1700 worth of parts - I guess the stack remains. :rolleyes:

2 - I asked about this CB mount - neither I, nor the parts people knew if it was factory (suspected) or aftermarket so I emailed the dealer a photo of what I was after, a couple days later the dealer sent me a list of items I'd need to install it courtesy of PACCAR parts tech. Had I done that today it would cost me $100 to know which $219 worth of parts to order. I know this becuase today I went in to order the parts but wanted to check confirm with PACCAR which of two (based on build date) CB mounts should be ordered - that would also cost $100.

I feel a letter writing campaign coming on :cool:

Attachments

• CBmount_T600_2004.jpg
    CBmount_T600_2004.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 15

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
wow again...

One thing you might do, if you see something on another KW that you would like to put on yours, get the last 8 of the VIN of the truck. I used to take a notepad with me to the truck show in Louisville each year so if I saw something cool on a new Freightliner that I wanted to add to my trucks or put on new ones, I'd jot the VIN down and then give it to the folks at the dealership when I got home. It worked most of the time.

But what your talking about still sucks tho..........