out bidding loads

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Four 'carriers' bid on it and they are all equal in their ratings, truck locations and performance records.

the lowest is at $1.65 a mile, the highest is at $1.95 a mile

The bidder with the second to cheapest rate - $1.70 - gets the winning bid.

Why?

Carrier B is the unnamed best expediting company?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK someone please figure this one out.

There is a load from Detroit to Chicago

It weighs 1000 lbs and can fit on anything but a big wheel.

There is no bid price on the board when the bid opens.

Four 'carriers' bid on it and they are all equal in their ratings, truck locations and performance records.

the lowest is at $1.65 a mile, the highest is at $1.95 a mile

The bidder with the second to cheapest rate - $1.70 - gets the winning bid.

Why?

Load board discretion? maybe it is the personal touch? the person awarding the load doesn't like the way the cheap conducts their business and at 1.70 they still make some cash....

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Get ready for even more undercutting now. BTW Mexican expediting companies just have to follow our rules of usa to enter so that means get ready for the high MPG fords, fiats, renaults to compete with for sprinter and cv loads.

Hard to compete if your getting $20mpg with a sprinter and here comes the ford or fiat at 40+mpg. Isn't there another euro model van doing like 50mpg that's diesel ? Remember Mexico trucks will not need to follow our emission rules either. Other day in Detroit I saw several Fiat Ducatos and Iveco Daily running around town. At the doc I loaded at a guy was getting a large ducato loaded and wow it is nice and large inside.

BTW: I read Dodge is coming out with a new sprinter and it is to be the Fiat Ducato. But I bet it will not be cheap at all.

This is going to be rough I know my cube and straight may start to hurt a little but luckily the tractors won't slow down much yet at least.

Safety Concerns Raised Over Deal To Allow Mexican Trucks On U.S. Highways

I was worried about the Mexican truck deal but read the law. Mexican truckers cannot solicite freight from american company's for a return trip south. They are going to be delivering to warehouses in Texas for transhipping by American carriers. That's all there is to it.;)