Our first 10 days

Missie600

Active Expediter
Captains log:

June 14 - our very first load with FDCC!!
June 14 - load cancelled :(
June 14 - got our next load with FDCC
June 15 - our very first breakdown and repower with FDCC
June 15 - Named our truck "Titanic"
June 15 - On the road again. A/C not working. APU not working. Inverter not working So hot!
June 18th - After delivery Gary was able to repair APU and inverter himself :)

June 19 - Got a trip to Texas City, TX . Oh dear, A/C not working and TX is hot!

June 21 - Delivered and went to T/A to get A/C repaired $$$. So happy!

June 22 - OTR again headed to WI. A/C quits working just one day after being repaired.

June 23 - Stop at another T/A to get them to look at A/C. They fix it!! $$$

June 23 - 40 miles up the road from T/A the A/C quits working again :(

June 23 - We get to our destination and stop for the night. Now the APU quits working :(

June 24 - Captain not happy! Found an International shop located in same town we deliver tomorrow. Will stop in there and see if they can help us out.

This is just our first 10 days! Hope it gets better!

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
T/A and dealerships are more parts changes than anything. I would use the nttts breakdown list to find some shop that specializes in your problem.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
There is a reset feature that will most times get your a/c working again.
It involves using certain buttons on your cruise control and the turn signal.

Have someone at the dealership show you how to do it, or send a pm to sharp327 here on EO (he has a International).

I used to know the procedure, but I forgotten most things about the International that we struggled with for 4 years, although I still wakeup screaming in the middle of the night occasionaly and realize it was just another bad nightmare.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Doggie Daddy! Yup, ya warned us about the A/C!!

Didn't want to say I told ya so, but aluma junk had a very questionable plan for tapping into the existing International a/c system and never did fully resolve all of the issues.

It came down to them replacing several components of our a/c system and them telling us that that was all they were going to do and that we were on our own after the "fix". (and no, that didn't fix it)

Seriously tho' find out about that reset procedure because it WILL come in handy for keeping you cool, even if it is just a temporary fix. Good luck.

piattteam

Active Expediter
doggie daddy. An "I told you so" would have been ok. We had already bought the truck by the time of your advise- so, wouldn't have been "rubbing salt!" LOL>
Guy at International thinks T/A over-charged the system, TEN FOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm calling T/A corporate shortly, for a full refund!!!!
Thanks.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I had the freon in our International purged and replaced and added to uncountable times in our 4 years of ownership, so I will tell you that the amount of freon that is supposed to be in there is 1 pound more than the truck had when it came from the factory as a daycab.

Missie600

Active Expediter
The saga continues! Stopped at the International Shop and had the A/C repaired again $$$$$$$. (notice there are more dollar signs this time, but we don't care...just fix it already!) They really thought they had it fixed this time. And they did find something that was causing trouble and replaced it.

We got a load right away and were elated. Then the A/C quit working again.

Then the truck started running hot and spewing hot liquid and we end up on the side of the road. (if you must know mechanical details consult my husband -piattteam) As of right now the truck is at the shop and we are in a hotel. We are still trying to hold our heads up and stay positive. It is getting really, really hard to do.

Our 30 day warranty ends on the 28th. Surely all this nonsense has to end!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I think you have enough evidence to claim to Fyda that they sold you a lemon, and you want out of the deal.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
doggiedaddy, how's that work?

I don't know anything about the lemon laws, but if it was me, I would head directly back to the dealer.

The "Titanic" is going to sink you unless you get some resolution to these problems you are having. This truck is obviously a trade in from someone that wanted away from it and it's problems.

You may need to get legal help if the dealership won't work with you on fixing these problems. They dropped the ball on having this truck ready to go and need to step up and make it right.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Fyda has been talked about quite a bit in the last 60 days.
If anyone has had a positive experiance with them maybe they ought to start a thread.
Or " Fyda,The good and the bad. "

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Piatteam, can you give us some details about this truck, year? model? engine? miles?

piattteam

Active Expediter
doggiedaddy, it's an International 7500, class 7 with a class 8 (ht 530) engine, 2005, had 502,000- now 508,000.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Getting an ERG cooler put on today- $3000.00.

Hopefully this will be the end of your problems for awhile.

But while your truck is still at the dealership, I cant stress enough the importance of having them show you the reset procedure, and write it down so that you dont forget it.

This will not only help you with your a/c, but will also show you the code numbers for other problems with your truck. It was probably the most valuable info that I learned about our International....good luck, and stay out of those repair shops.

Oh, and one more thing, if you continue to have the APU and a/c problems, even tho' your warranty has run out you should continue to get back with Fyda for reimbursment until those problems are fixed.