Ordering 2500 Sprinter extended

Greenlight

Seasoned Expediter
I will be ordering a new 2500 Sprinter . It will be a multitasking rig. For expediting , contractor , and visiting national parks with our family , camping .
Two questions: (for expediting)

1 . Is white colour a must ?

2 . The new 4cyl 2.1L Sprinter (better mpg) , or stay with 3.0L (economical enough , but more power and proven engine) ?
(I own 08 ,3.0L )

zorry

Veteran Expediter
White may open more doors. It'd probably be easier to resell.

I'd think not a necessity but probably a good idea.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think color will make any difference. Keep in mind if you want to visit national parks you cannot have any commercial lettering on your vehicle.

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Speaking as someone who owned a medium dark blue $printer, I would advise any van buyer that intends to inhabit the interior, to NEVER buy anything but white, unless you can get a chrome finish. Any sun above 65° will cook you, unless you don't mind running a 15,000 BTU air conditioner anytime it's above that. Even with excellent insulation, it was tough to remain comfortable in Laredo, even with 15,000 BTU air conditioning. We will NEVER buy a van with any color but white! :mad:

Reactions: vandriver2

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Are there any major carriers that require white ?
FedEx does, but for all the good I have to say about them, it's not where I'd put a $printer.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speaking as someone who owned a medium dark blue $printer, I would advise any van buyer that intends to inhabit the interior, to NEVER buy anything but white, unless you can get a chrome finish. Any sun above 65° will cook you, unless you don't mind running a 15,000 BTU air conditioner anytime it's above that. Even with excellent insulation, it was tough to remain comfortable in Laredo, even with 15,000 BTU air conditioning. We will NEVER buy a van with any color but white! :mad:

Ever think of the RV reflective roof covering?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Has anyone looked into the solar panels Caffee was talking about ? If I remember they were light and thin.

Greenlight

Seasoned Expediter
I don't think color will make any difference. Keep in mind if you want to visit national parks you cannot have any commercial lettering on your vehicle.

I did visited some national parks in my 08 with commercial plates .. Van has windows all around .
They only asked for my money , and I never had any problems , not even with parking .
One time we went to San Diego Zoo and the lady wanted to charge me for two parking spots ,she said you will take two parking space , I said - no , then she was like - your car will be sticking out , then her boss behind her back yelled qietly something to her and she was like sorry , only one parking fee, please .

Greenlight

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone have 4cyl 2.1 L 7sp Sprinter yet? I would like some feedback . My concern, if I will be going uphill, I won't have to jump out of van and help it make it , lol.
4cyl gets great mpg , better than V6 Sprinter , but I need to know if it worth it.
V6 3.0 L is an option now and costs $990 to order

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
National parks do not allow commercial vehicles most state parks do. They will notice decals much more than a simple plate. Sure they may let you slide once in a while but would hate to plan a vacation only to be turned away at the gate. Just like your not allowed to drive on national parkways like the Natchez trace.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
White vs. anything else? Hazmat vs. no hazmat? Tall roof vs. standard roof? Long body vs. standard body? Any and all of those things can potentially create more opportunities, generate more revenue and open doors in more places. Are any of them mandatory? No. Are they a wise idea? Probably yes.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The fed is the only company I've ever heard of that requires white.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the 4 has a few less HP but it does have more torque plus the seven speed. It shifts at a lower rpm than the six so probably pulls hills good but I would hate to be the guinea pig.