Opinions on 26’ Box Trucks

dji123kid

New Recruit
Researching
Hi Everyone, new here. Can anyone share their Top 3 makes of box trucks. Something that, with proper preventative maintenance, will last me a while and perform well

looking to maybe try moving some loads

thanks for info

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hi Everyone, new here. Can anyone share their Top 3 makes of box trucks. Something that, with proper preventative maintenance, will last me a while and perform well

looking to maybe try moving some loads

thanks for info
With proper maintenance and care just about all trucks will "last a while"
Just be sure you have the right truck for the job you are asking it to do.
What are your plans?

Reactions: dji123kid

dji123kid

New Recruit
Researching
My plans are maybe finance a truck, try and find loads myself or use dispatcher. Willing to go anywhere. Hopefully a truck that would last me through paying it off… how long can these trucks go? 800,000 miles maybe 1,000,000?
I only know a few: freightliner, hino, international

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My plans are maybe finance a truck,
Wrong move. You don't know the business.
Drive for a fleet owner for a while. Learn on his equipment.
try and find loads myself or use dispatcher. Willing to go anywhere.
See above

Hopefully a truck that would last me through paying it off… how long can these trucks go? 800,000 miles maybe 1,000,000?
I only know a few: freightliner, hino, international
Loads come in many shapes, sizes and weights.
Knowing this will help determine what equipment is needed.

Reactions: dji123kid

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mr.Ragmaqn nailed it. Drive for someone 1st to make sure this is what you want do before making a huge investment.

As far as a preferred truck brand is concerned, it's a matter of personal preference. In my opinion, as learned through the years that I have been doing this, ( since 89), Kenworth, Peterbilt, and a Volvo. Quality, workmanship, resale value with fit and finish, quiet cab and sleeper, dealer support make these my top choices.