Open Heart surgery Tuesday

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wayne is one of the good ones. And I don't mean just as a mechanic, but as a person, husband, and father.

Wayne (and his son, Tyler, who obviously did most of the work) replaced the rear end on my Sprinter over the weekend, finishing it up yesterday (a Sunday). Had it towed down from Michigan last week and he managed to work me in before the surgery. He didn't have to do that.

He'll be off for at least 6 weeks, then I'm sure will be taking it semi-easy for several weeks after that. Tyler, who is very good, will be running things in the meantime.

Here's to a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wayne is one of the good ones. And I don't mean just as a mechanic, but as a person, husband, and father.

Wayne (and his son, Tyler, who obviously did most of the work) replaced the rear end on my Sprinter over the weekend, finishing it up yesterday (a Sunday). Had it towed down from Michigan last week and he managed to work me in before the surgery. He didn't have to do that.

He'll be off for at least 6 weeks, then I'm sure will be taking it semi-easy for several weeks after that. Tyler, who is very good, will be running things in the meantime.

Here's to a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Ahh, so that was your van with the rear end problem I saw ;)

Reactions: Turtle and ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm surprised the front turtle license plate and satellite dish didn't give me away.

I spent several days at the beautiful and luxurious Knights Inn, where the TV is from the 80s and I think the Wi-Fi is, too, likely running off a 300 baud modem. Every time someone in the complex used a microwave oven, the signal disappeared.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm surprised the front turtle license plate and satellite dish didn't give me away.

I spent several days at the beautiful and luxurious Knights Inn, where the TV is from the 80s and I think the Wi-Fi is, too, likely running off a 300 baud modem. Every time someone in the complex used a microwave oven, the signal disappeared.

You have a Turtle licence plate? That's funny :)
I was going to say I expected to see a Turtle on it, guess I wasn't around long enough to look.
One of my rare quick in and out visits :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, it's the same silly green turtle as the avatar I use here on EO.

When I'm there I don't pay that much attention to the other Sprinters that are there.

Reactions: RoadTime

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I live by the Jersey shore in a town that has a lot of "turtle breeding".
turtle.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not yet. I don't want to call or text him just yet. Figured I'd give him a few days. I don't have the numbers for his wife or kids.

Reactions: NorthernBill

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wayne was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon, and is home and doing well. I managed to catch him with a text yesterday just half an hour after he got home. And this morning he reports all is going according to plan. ❤️

Last edited:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any update on Wayne?
I'm gonna be in Cleveland ... it's serpentine belt time of year.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tyler replaced my water pump this summer.
He did well.
I think I'll wait until after the holiday. I've been out for 7 weeks and it's time for a holiday break.

Reactions: Turtle and RoadTime