ON CALL or ON TIME EXPEDITE? HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS MICHIGAN CO?

eklektek

Active Expediter
Please inbox me if you have any positive or negative information to share regarding this small expedite company. :confused:
Thank you.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Are you talking of On Call Logistics?

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
I just ran a safer web search on the company, On Call Logistics. It looks like their brokering bond is set to cancel in 28 days. I wonder why. This is not speculation, just a fact.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I just ran a safer web search on the company, On Call Logistics. It looks like their brokering bond is set to cancel in 28 days. I wonder why. This is not speculation, just a fact.

There are lots of companies getting rid of their brokering operations because it's too expensive unless you do a lot of business.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
There are lots of companies getting rid of their brokering operations because it's too expensive unless you do a lot of business.

It could be nothing. But it can also be a sign that a company is going through financial distress. That's all I'm saying.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It could be nothing. But it can also be a sign that a company is going through financial distress. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, we understood from the first 2 posts. I was simply saying that there is a very good reason that they would no longer require it.

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
You also enquired about "ontime expedite". If you are referring to Ontime Express, they have a link on the home page of this site. I hauled many loads for them, and found them to be a fine carrier.

rjthetightway

Seasoned Expediter
If they lose their brokering bond does that mean a significant drop in loads they get?

Sent from my LG-E980 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If they lose their brokering bond does that mean a significant drop in loads they get?

Sent from my LG-E980 using EO Forums mobile app

It means that they would no longer accept loads that they cannot cover.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
If they lose their broker bond I think that's a pretty final curtain call till they fix it

It means that they won't be brokering which really doesn't matter if they don't need to broker loads.

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
It can mean one of three things. The company had claims filed on their bond. The company couldn't pay the premiums on the bond, or the company is separating their carrier authority from their brokering authority.

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
It's just strange that the company would send out an email saying that they're expanding their brokering division right before their bond cancels. Perhaps the owner of the company can come on here and tell us what's going on with the company!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It can mean one of three things. The company had claims filed on their bond. The company couldn't pay the premiums on the bond, or the company is separating their carrier authority from their brokering authority.

Or perhaps they don't plan on brokering anymore. I know that is a really simple answer and it doesn't work for good gossip which you so desperately desire but it is very likely that the costs vs revenue don't work for them. For better gossip maybe you could find a knitting group or go to a hair salon where you might find your happiness.