Ohio wanna be driver looking for help

kevin hicks

Seasoned Expediter
I'm looking to get into the expediting business as a driver for a fleet owner. I am trying to figure out where to start. I have a clean Ohio Operators License but no CDL, however I am willing to obtain one. I am 40 years old with no criminal history. I do not use drugs or alcohol.
I live in Grafton, Ohio which is about 20-30 minutes southwest of Cleveland. I am located minutes from I-480, 77, 71,271, 90 and the Ohio Turnpike (I-80).
I consider myself hardworking, honest and dependable. I am willing to stay out 2-3 weeks at a time if necessary.
I am looking for a company willing to give me a chance. Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Of course I will watch the posts but also will accept email at [email protected].
Thanks!!
-Kevin Hicks

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
FYI you had better plan on staying longer than 2-3 weeks this business has a history of 3 weeks min and 4 more likely to really be profitable. Your killing the golden goose comming home to early, or staying home to long. The truck is just not generating $ if the wheels are not rolling or available.

This is a very rough business for families. "I know from expierence"
So if you have a family take that into deep consideration. The only reason it works for me is I have a terrific wife that understands this business.

pantherii

Expert Expediter
>I'm looking to get into the expediting business as a driver
>for a fleet owner. I am trying to figure out where to start.
>I have a clean Ohio Operators License but no CDL, however I
>am willing to obtain one. I am 40 years old with no criminal
>history. I do not use drugs or alcohol.
>I live in Grafton, Ohio which is about 20-30 minutes
>southwest of Cleveland. I am located minutes from I-480, 77,
>71,271, 90 and the Ohio Turnpike (I-80).
>I consider myself hardworking, honest and dependable. I am
>willing to stay out 2-3 weeks at a time if necessary.
>I am looking for a company willing to give me a chance. Any
>input would be greatly appreciated!! Of course I will watch
>the posts but also will accept email at [email protected].
>Thanks!!
>-Kevin Hicks

you can start by getting your class b license if you want to drive a straight truck.

C5BILL

Expert Expediter
I am not a so called fleet owner. That said; I do run a van with Fed Ex and have a second van that is available for a qualified driver with Fed Ex. I am located in Cleveland and would be happy to provide you with my experience for what ever it's worth.

Bill

uneasyexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
new driver in Ohio

ah, good ole Charles... always looking for driver's. any good expediter know's that a good owner to drive for never has openings or anyone questioning their credibility.

I've ran into a couple fellows that have been screwed over by Mr. McMaster and his girlfriend Lisa. Shoot even saw an ad for van driver's and well... thought you were going out of business, Panther was lying too you. tisk, tisk! naughty, naughty!

don't worry Charles, I'll be keeping a good eye on you and make sure that you and your little lady don't get a chance to screw someone else over. "don't lie to me or screw with my money" words too live by Charles, words to live by!!!

anyways, I'll be seeing you around....

and sorry to be off topic, but I do have issues with forementioned scumbag!

good luck to you Kevin in you future expediting adventures, but do not start one with 'ol Charlie Mc!

thanks all!

ZipsAlumni

Expert Expediter
RE: new driver in Ohio

There must be a direct correlation with the boyfriend/girlfriend thing. Akron has its Big Dave and side-kick Trish who've screwed more than one team/driver.