Oh for the good old days!!!

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I have been semi retired for about 3 1/2 years now and the pull of the road is not as strong as it was. Still, there is one thing I miss very much. Is it the adventure? Is it the travel?....No it's my bed. I now posses one of those sleep number things and I have tried several other beds as well. The sleep number has been the best because it gives me something to do at night while I'm laying there in pain. No matter what number I turn it to its still the same.
When I had the D truck I had a regular mattress and everything was ok, then I bought the Sprinter. I made a foam mattress for it that folded up against the seats from side to side. I'm over 6' tall but it was just fine. In fact, it was great. I never slept so good. I would sleep like a log and wake up refreshed. Oh those rainy nights with the sound of the rain on the roof, ahhhh. There was that one night in Fargo in February when the Wabasco heater couldn't keep up but most of the time it was sleep heaven. Oh how I miss that bed.

By the way, A year ago I asked for prayer for my wife as her breast cancer had returned with a vengance. She was facing drastic surgery involving loss of an eye and a very poor prospect of recovery. We consulted another oncologist and elected to persue a chemo therapy regimen. She is now in complete remission and there was no surgery. THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS.