October, Crossroads & Pumpkin Spice?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning gang.....getting my idler pulleys and belt tensioner changed out right here in town..something I try to do once a year just because.......tis cheap insurance to help guard against untimely breakdowns...sometimes the "ain't broke" line of thinking just doesn;t work...:)
then bring it home and start loading up for the road...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
for Bill and WOM
I see Rock Auto now has a stock of Ford Transit parts....
Drive belt component kits....include tensioner, belt and pulley where applicable....60.99$

its a small package takes up little room....but cheap insurance...that when they let go could cost you 1,000's in damage and downtime.....

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
for Bill and WOM
Drive belt component kits....include tensioner, belt and pulley where applicable....60.99$

its a small package takes up little room....but cheap insurance...that when they let go could cost you 1,000's in damage and downtime.....

Thank you OVM. That's a great idea and a great deal for us. So far, I'm carrying no spare parts but my mileage is getting to the point that I should be carrying some of these basic repair pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: hazmat and Ftransit

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
for Bill and WOM

Thank you OVM. That's a great idea and a great deal for us. So far, I'm carrying no spare parts but my mileage is getting to the point that I should be carrying some of these basic repair pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Bill I figure a part is a part....OEM is best But be Sprinter, Promaster, or Transit...most of these components are made by pretty much the same sources....INA, Mahle or Timkin as an example.....They have the complete listing up to 2017 even....
I used to carry more parts but I trimmed it down to this basic kit....It has saved my arse twice now in the past by having them onboard